10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Let it be gone.  Folks on here need to really chillllll.  Make your plan, follow your plan and enjoy others, learn as much as possible.  No need to get upset becasue someone else does not agree with you or does it different.  I have spoken to Emazers and he is a great guy always willing to help.  I benefited greatly from his willingness to help (SSD etc.).  Do what you can, invest wisely only what you can afford to lose and move on.  He told me I would regret not getting more of these big ones.  You know what, he was right!

• Like 3

Plenty of other opportunities out there. While you may grieve for HH, R2D2 is rolling away from under your nose.

So true, if this summer has shown anything, it's that there's always another set around the corner. If you're really busted up about the Haunted House then buy them now from the secondary market for $50-$100 over MSRP and wait. Sure I would've liked more HH, but there are other great sets available now. We could easily see a couple more exclusives dwindle and vanish in the next couple of months. I have my sights set on a couple and am pushing my budget hard to get more purchased while I can. My money is on at least two more sets with great return potential going before the end of the year. It's fun to see how many I can get a hold of before they go.

• Like 1

Let it be gone. Folks on here need to really chillllll. Make your plan, follow your plan and enjoy others, learn as much as possible. No need to get upset becasue someone else does not agree with you or does it different. I have spoken to Emazers and he is a great guy always willing to help. I benefited greatly from his willingness to help (SSD etc.). Do what you can, invest wisely only what you can afford to lose and move on. He told me I would regret not getting more of these big ones. You know what, he was right!

everyone was "chillin" till you posted this
  • Like 1

Monster Fighters theme pulled from LEGO Shop at Home on ipad or is this old news?

its been gone from the main shop at home website for the last 2 weeks at least on pc platform.

hopefully that's the nail in the coffin and prices will rise like the ghosts of the dead on halloween

Edited by cladner

Missing HH isn't that bad. It was available with an eGift on Walmart earlier this year. Now turn your attention to the AA, another egift card there. Get it while it lasts. Those who were smart in stock piling the HH are probably the same ones sniffing at the AA like hounds. The AA will miraculously disappear next year the same way the SSD and HH did.

Spoke some AFOL's last weekend here in Holland. Some of them were just collectors / builders of the modulars and stuff, the nice thing is that at least half of them did not know the HH because it is not in the list of official modulars. it is also not that widely available here in Holland. I then make them aware of this freaky building as an extension to their modular collection, they immediately got excited about it.. I told them to hurry up, because in my opinion the HH will be sold out within the first days of October (2x VIP).. we will see how long it lasts.

This is the reason I think this HH will perform great. it has a relative short lifespan for a sort of modular (if indeed retired) and a lot of AFOL's just forgot about it, or there are indeed people who forgot the buy it because they thought it would be a second death star. I'm very curious about the value of this building within 7 years after retirement; future will tell.

Edited by JM123

I was informed that it was done in april drum l from a Legoland employee they were no longer able to order them why I started buying. Regrets buying GEs and not more.

Does inability to order automatically imply that sets are no longer made? I thought TLC could occasionally make sets unavailable for retail stores, while still carrying them online. Or that's not true?

Edited by No More Monkeys