USPS First Class Pick Up Allowed

Quacs

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I noticed over the weekend that USPS will now pick up First Class packages without needing a Priority Mail package to be picked up as well.  This seemingly minor tweak to their policy will save me from having to drop first class packages at the PO.

Check out the website - the "Ground" designation below the line (and the line itself) is now gone, and the "First Class Package" designation now sits between all the other package types.  I requested pick up on three packages yesterday, and pick up was confirmed.

https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

• Like 2

I didn't know you were suppose to schedule a pickup.  I just print my labels at home, slap it on a padded envelope and leave it by my mailbox.  My mailman always picks them up.

I suppose it depends on your mail carrier.  Mine has left packages to be picked up on my porch without a request. 

I actually like scheduling the pick-up via USPS.com because they always send a response e-mail alerting me that they picked up the packages.  At that point, I know they have been logged into their system and are being tracked.

I didn't know you were suppose to schedule a pickup. I just print my labels at home, slap it on a padded envelope and leave it by my mailbox. My mailman always picks them up.

You don't have to schedule a pickup if you leave in mailbox. This is more for if you leave packages just outside your door and your mailman doesn't drop your mail at your door regularly.

And if you already scheduled a pickup, you can leave more packages out there than you requested pickups for.

Edited by minicoopers11