Weird shipping route?

stackables

I sent a package to Iowa with tracking.  I just looked up the tracking number to see the progress of the package.  The package was sent to Texas first wtf!   I have the printout of my receipt and it definitely shows the correct destination of Iowa (IA).  Anybody have this happen before?  I hope it gets to the correct destination.

Probably should have added, I am in Michigan.

Edited by stackables

Sorting center error, happens quite often. It'll usually get back to where it belongs, but sometimes with a long delay that you'll have to deal with with your buyer and your selling venue.

Edited to add: use the tracking update service at usps.com to get email updates of where the package is each step along the way from here on out. If the buyer contacts you about the delay, share those updates with him, it often defuses them a bit when they can see the progress and know you're taking it seriously and keeping track of it, too.

Edited by justafrog
  • Like 1

Just consider this as you are getting your money's worth in travel for the package.  It's like golf, not fun to go right down they fairway, check out what's in the woods and the sand traps if you're paying for the round.

As for the the routing, yes, this happens way more than it should and I've seen it many times with my packages.  It always makes it to its destination, eventually.

• Like 1

I have a package that is going around the USA currently: 

CRANDALL, TX 75114 

DALLAS, TX 75260 

KANSAS CITY, KS 66106 

KANSAS CITY, MO 64121 

DALLAS, TX 75260 

COPPELL, TX 75099 

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

CHICAGO, IL 60666 

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

I'm impressed, but definitely not happy.