Hello from Omaha Nebraska

I grew up with legos. I had a massive set - I never kept anything built though, as soon as I made the set from the instructions in the box, I would tear it apart and add it to my massive melting pot of lego sets. From there I would build whatever I wanted. I'm not sure what ever happened to those legos. Fast forward to 2013, at 32 years old I have more legos now then I ever had growing up. Now that I am older though, I don't really play with them, I build them and leave them alone. I love the build - the bigger the set the better. About 3 years ago my wife bought me a lego star wars set, knowing my affinity for both. Then maybe a few months later I got another and another and now i have quite the collection. It was only until recently that I learned of legos as an investment opportunity. I made my first investment purchase yesterday. I was out getting groceries at Walmart and walked through the lego aisle in the toy department. I saw the Anakin Pod Racing set - one i hadn't seen in a while. I went to check out and it rang up at $34 as opposed to the advertised price of $69. I knew something was up. As soon as I got home I did some research and saw that it was just retired. At that moment I made the decision to buy a few more. I at least need one to put together - the others I'll hold onto. Needless to say I have been doing a lot of research and stumbled upon Brick Picker. What an amazing resource to have. I am now more enthusiastic than ever to begin some serious investing and building. I am really thankful to have my wife's support and understanding of my love of legos. As a matter of fact most of the sets I have up to this point she has bought for me. Anyways, the future looks fun and i can't wait to build, collect and invest more.

Welcome to the site! I love that pod racing set but for some reason it has not seen the same gains as other star wars sets, maybe because its just now retiring. I am gonna hold on to it for a while and see what happens. I have some star wars sets from 2007 that have seemed to level off as far investing is concerned. I won't be selling any of my SW sets anytime soon though because of the new movies coming out in a few years.

Thanks. I personally think it is a cool set. One of the few memorable scenes from the movie. I always thought the Pod racers were unique/cool Star Wars vehicles. I had never put two and two together regarding the new movies potential impact on the value of lego sets (duh). So thanks for the tip!