Set not in system (Target)

jayishistory

I was in a local Target today and found a Star Wars Republic Gunship behind some other sets.  I know this was on clearance earlier this summer so I grabbed it and took it to a price scanner.  When I scanned it no price came up and it said to talk to customer service.  I should have just went and talked to someone, but I put it back so I can ask on here if anyone has had this happen before.  Depending on what they say, can you try and get a better price since they don't carry this set in store anymore, or will they tell you a price that is firm?  Not a big deal as the set will be for my personal collection, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Thanks. 

I was in a local Target today and found a Star Wars Republic Gunship behind some other sets.  I know this was on clearance earlier this summer so I grabbed it and took it to a price scanner.  When I scanned it no price came up and it said to talk to customer service.  I should have just went and talked to someone, but I put it back so I can ask on here if anyone has had this happen before.  Depending on what they say, can you try and get a better price since they don't carry this set in store anymore, or will they tell you a price that is firm?  Not a big deal as the set will be for my personal collection, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Thanks. 

grab it and tell them that last time they had it in the system it was 70% off and they should sell it to you at that, if they dont then walk away. manager should be able to see the DB of past/inactive bar codes (maybe)

I was in a local Target today and found a Star Wars Republic Gunship behind some other sets. I know this was on clearance earlier this summer so I grabbed it and took it to a price scanner. When I scanned it no price came up and it said to talk to customer service. I should have just went and talked to someone, but I put it back so I can ask on here if anyone has had this happen before. Depending on what they say, can you try and get a better price since they don't carry this set in store anymore, or will they tell you a price that is firm? Not a big deal as the set will be for my personal collection, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

I found a black gate after they had long pulled them from store, and just like in your case it showed no price on the price scanner. It took it up to the cashier and she the set wouldn't ring up. she sent me to CS ad lady she said she can't sell it to me. I asked to talk to a manager who explained that after it is deleted from their system they have to send it back and he can't sell it.

Sucks

The item is coming up as "see sales associate" because it is no longer listed in the store's inventory (someone miscounted or assumed it was stolen, etc).  If the set's added back into inventory, it'll come back up (usually) at standard price, but with their scanner doodads they can find out the sale price of the last item sold.  It takes a patient sales associate to help, but I've gotten a few items discounted at Target this way.

• 11 months later...

I've also had this happen. Not that it's the best set ever or anything, but I had a droid gunship 75042 for $12 in my hands, and was directed to customer services where they told me they couldn't sell it because it was salvage... Very frustrating experience.