Bricklink want list to excel?

Is there an easy way to export my bricklink want list to excel?  I do not need the picture of the parts just the part name.  Figured I could print it easier from excel.

I don't think so. But there is a greasemonkey Bricklink Wanted List Explorer script, that exports to XML - and that can easily be parsed to be anything with a little script magic.

http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/167618.html

Guest brickcrazyhouse

asked on BL and only got one response

is there a way to transfer wanted list to excel? dot.gif

Message Has 1 Reply:

msg16.png Re: wanted list to excel - Andy_Bell (1403)star4.pngme.png [...] Nope - but if you start your wanted list in Excel you can upload from Excel. But Brickstock is really faster and easier than Excel. You should try it. hth Andy

Guest brickcrazyhouse

yea pen and paper is always better. a hassle for larger projects but still worth it. we even did it that way for the modular market street, and wasn't to bad

Seems like this should definitely be implemented in 2.0

Nah. Excel is really not the right format for this, with it being essentially closed. A simple csv should do too, and Excel could import that as well, just like a ton of other tools that people might prefer over Excel. Btw: what would you really need? Just part information of one of your wanted lists - like name, id, color, condition?

Nah. Excel is really not the right format for this, with it being essentially closed. A simple csv should do too, and Excel could import that as well, just like a ton of other tools that people might prefer over Excel. Btw: what would you really need? Just part information of one of your wanted lists - like name, id, color, condition?

Just wanted something real simple that list the parts I need (name, color, condition).  I like to put things in excel to use as a checklist. 

Just wanted something real simple that list the parts I need (name, color, condition).  I like to put things in excel to use as a checklist. 

Something I did was opening up the entire wanted list in a browser, reducing the font size to something really small but still readable, and then printing this to a file. I then edited the file (pdf) in a graphics editor to get two columns instead of only one, which brought it down to one page, which when printed was good enough to serve as reference. A plus was that it also contained the pictures (small, but recognizable).