10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Maybe because these boxes are huge and heavy (7kg) and need more time to get "repatriated" through europe, compared to a 3kg box ?

(I don't know, maybe a retailer can send back any lego box each week to a lego warehouse, but boxes heavier are sent back only one time in a month ?)

Edited by biniou

These are not on sale in many places, Lego shop at home and smyths toys. Maybe elsewhere. Just save the link to each set in your favourites and check every morning. Your best best is a 20% off smyths toys sale. You have better chance of catching one doing that. They go quick so better to go look for yourself because by the time you read it here, and theres a chance you could miss it, they will be gone.

Est ship date in EU is still the 20th of November, i do hope sincerely this turns into solt out or retired before that. Just in case i am going order one more...if it does turn up, excellent. If it doesnt so be it! I have a fleet of 12 so its not like i am running thin on this one...

"patience you must have my young padawan" :D

Was that the one in Smyths (Reading) with a dent in the corner of the box?  It put me off buying TBH due to buyer's attitudes these days.  Lego UK restocking for 20NOV so I may buy a mint one with 2x VIP next month.

Nobody guarantees those orders will be fulfilled! There are other cool sets to buy with 2x VIP in November :)

Me thinks Tabbyboy already has a few of these stacked away at better discounts, so no big deal there. I queued today for an SSD but the closer I got to the till (which is were they keep all the exclusives) i noticed the last SSD had some chafing around the bottom so I just bought a Pet Shop instead. What does it matter, an investment is an investment even if some are better than others.I'm not retiring on LEGO. Just the thrill of the chase for me (and I suspect TB as well) 

I'll never understand [...]

While I'll never do that myself, I do understand the reason behind it. It is called buyers remorse. If one buys something and the worm inside is whispering that you just made a big mistake what best to come to a place like this ask a question and hope that the crowd applauds your purchase, if that happens that gives you some peace of mind, if the contrary happens then you might change your mind and try to return the purchase asap. Happens every day. 

To hwannz1: I really don't know if you got a deal of not. A lot depends on why did you get the set for? Also if you exhausted all your options to get it cheaper, you are in NZ so naturally prices are higher there, but don't know the exact numbers.  

RRP in NZ is 799NZD. (as opposed to 750USD = 922NZD)

so unfortunately not such a great deal :(

however i assume that besides ordering from lego LEGO Shop at Home directly, stock in b&m stores is really starting to dry up in Aus & NZ; so prices have started to rise. i already sold one SSD for 899AUD a few weeks ago.

so if you are unable to return it (and instead buy one in October from NZ lego LEGO Shop at Home for 2x VIP points), just hold for Dec 2015 (at least) and you will still make a nice profit on it.