10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Well my 2 SSD's from LegoLand arrived via FedEx.

Strangest thing they stacked them in one box end on end on the sides, it is the tallest single box I have ever gotten lego in.

Both boxes got some damage but I'd still give them a 7 out of 10 and 8 out of 10 on box quality.

I guess for $380 each delivered plus 3 free TC-4's I shouldn't complain. :)

Strangest thing they stacked them in one box end on end on the sides, it is the tallest single box I have ever gotten lego in.

Both boxes got some damage but I'd still give them a 7 out of 10 and 8 out of 10 on box quality.

I beleive the saying "don't kick a gift horse in the mouth" applies here.....

• Like 1

Just curious as to which LegoLand you ordered the SSD from?  And how did you acquire them for $380 each (with tax I assume)?  Also I thought the TC-4 was a UK promotion.

Just curious as to which LegoLand you ordered the SSD from?  And how did you acquire them for $380 each (with tax I assume)?  Also I thought the TC-4 was a UK promotion.

Here is my original post - 

On specific SSD news, while on vacation last week, I bought 2 SSD's from LegoLand Florida. I bought an annual pass upgrade on my ticket, and they then discounted the annual pass amount for me even more than I expected, and went and bought the two SSD's with the 10% off. I had them ship them out of state fedex ground and that waived sales tax and so I got both with 3 of the TC-4's for about $760 shipped. Both are in great shape. Thought I had a great deal until I got up front and saw a guy with 3 of them he was taking home, they gave him 10 of the TC-4's. That explained what happened to the 3 of the 7 I counted when I went in. Still happy with my deal. They had 3 left in the Studio Store but were not best of box shape. Not horrible either. The discount shop had a large Sydney Opera House all beat up I left. Lots of older poly packs too available. Was a great trip.

So it was at LegoLand Florida.  I think for all of July they have get a TC-4 when you spend $30 on Lego Star Wars.
If I was smart, I would have bought about 20 rounds of $30 worth of Star Wars items, getting 20 TC-4's and selling them at the $25 each on ebay netting to $20 each to pay for $20 of the $30 worth of Star Wars stuff.  I didn't have the time or patience to do it though since I was on vacation.
If any more questions let me know.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation.  My folks were down in Florida visiting my brother a month back, but they didn't go to LegoLand.  My mom did pick up two Mars Rovers from the Kennedy Space Center however they were $50 a piece.  That was my souvenir ;)

Here is my original post - 

So it was at LegoLand Florida.  I think for all of July they have get a TC-4 when you spend $30 on Lego Star Wars.
If I was smart, I would have bought about 20 rounds of $30 worth of Star Wars items, getting 20 TC-4's and selling them at the $25 each on ebay netting to $20 each to pay for $20 of the $30 worth of Star Wars stuff.  I didn't have the time or patience to do it though since I was on vacation.
If any more questions let me know.  Hope this helps.

I'm impressed they were doing the give away polybags.  Legoland California doesn't seem to do that (at least, not in my experience).

I have been watching the closing auctions on ebay. Between 600-620 plus shipping so far. I think it stays here until retired tag is posted, then i see a push up to $700 and holding until Christmas. Lots of people willing to sell at $700.00. Most of those should be flushed out by first quarter 2015.

Probably because Legoland CA isn't actually owned by Lego. They seem cut off from the usual Lego promotions, and of course they don't honor VIP status/points.

Legoland Florida is owned by Merlin which owns CA and the discover centers.  It is a LegoLand promotion, spend $30 on Star Wars, get a TC-4 poly.

Probably because Legoland CA isn't actually owned by Lego. They seem cut off from the usual Lego promotions, and of course they don't honor VIP status/points.

Legoland Florida is owned by Merlin which owns CA and the discover centers.  It is a LegoLand promotion, spend $30 on Star Wars, get a TC-4 poly.

johnwray, yep, very familiar with that.  But curious because, as trekgate502 said, both California and Florida are owned by Merlin (I know people that worked at California and moved to Florida from California when Florida open).  It's just curious that one park does it, and the other doesn't.

Whoa now.  I'm going on vacation to Florida tomorrow.  Was going to try to sneak to the gift shop at LEGOLAND anyway but are you telling me they have TC-4s free if you spend $30?  Was that the last of the TC-4's which is why you only have 3?  GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN I will have to do your plan of buying $30 worth of star wars sets over and over until they are cleaned out of TC-4s and ruin our family vacation!  Might have to buy an RV to drive back home filled with lego.

Whoa now.  I'm going on vacation to Florida tomorrow.  Was going to try to sneak to the gift shop at LEGOLAND anyway but are you telling me they have TC-4s free if you spend $30?  Was that the last of the TC-4's which is why you only have 3?  GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN I will have to do your plan of buying $30 worth of star wars sets over and over until they are cleaned out of TC-4s and ruin our family vacation!  Might have to buy an RV to drive back home filled with lego.

I only got 3 because I only asked for 3.  The other person that got 3 SSD's asked how many will you give me and they said 10.  They had a good stack when I left.  I bet they still have a bunch (guess).  You may want to ask them, if you want 20 of them, do you need to do 20 $30 transactions or can you just buy $600 worth of stuff.  If you get a boatload, feel free to pass 1-2 my way, but no obligation or expectation.  Good luck. :)

My local toy store owner told me that he could still order them and that they would be shipped later this year from a new production run.

But there is already production run in Europe, the one that filled backorders. He can't order from the current wave? Every other retailer in Europe got restocked from that run.

I only got 3 because I only asked for 3.  The other person that got 3 SSD's asked how many will you give me and they said 10.  They had a good stack when I left.  I bet they still have a bunch (guess).  You may want to ask them, if you want 20 of them, do you need to do 20 $30 transactions or can you just buy $600 worth of stuff.  If you get a boatload, feel free to pass 1-2 my way, but no obligation or expectation.  Good luck. :)

Note the TC-4 promo is only available during June.

I have yet to see a set that will say "sold out" on the Lego site and then have it come back. 

It happens. Architecture Studio, Catwoman Catcycle Chase, Batcave are just some examples of sets that have said Sold Out and come back. There are others that have also had the same thing happen. Until it says retired we can't be sure.

• Like 1

It happens. Architecture Studio, Catwoman Catcycle Chase, Batcave are just some examples of sets that have said Sold Out and come back. There are others that have also had the same thing happen. Until it says retired we can't be sure.

Orc forge.

And I think someone mentioned that even GE was at "sold out" few years ago (though it could have been TOOS)

This set is done. I have yet to see a set that will say "sold out" on the Lego site and then have it come back. That is what it says at least on the US site, perhaps not on other sites

This happens quite often.  A set isn't done until it gets the "retired" tag on LEGO Shop at Home.  Unless that happens, there's always a chance for it to come back.

• Like 1