10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

So If Lego is only getting enough to fill there orders and have a few extra to sell and nobody else gets them, well for all you guys that said it would take 3-5 years to make a good profit well that theory is dead, look at Amazon 3rd party prices $591 and up, alot of people are waiting to see what happens with lego, if the retired sign comes up well then the prices will rise fast. Now if Amazon,etc all get these back in well looks like they could be around a little longer, but for you guys that have missed the boat so far be sure and be on the alert for them very soon from Lego, because once these are gone you lost your big chance for some big money. Ed

It have the impression that the US is always ahead of Europe. So if the SSD retires in the US, us europeans still have some time left to pick up the (additional) SSD. Or am I completely wrong? I am not as experienced as most others here on the forum.

It have the impression that the US is always ahead of Europe. So if the SSD retires in the US, us europeans still have some time left to pick up the (additional) SSD. Or am I completely wrong? I am not as experienced as most others here on the forum.

That tends to be true, but its not a firm rule. There have been times where items have gone EOL in Europe but were still available in the states for a while.

It's just yet another indication that this item is on last legs. However long those legs stand we'll all find out eventually.

It sounds like the markets are completely different.  The winter sets sell terribly over there, but have also retired earlier.  I think you have more opportunities to order from other countries who may have had a set linger longer.

No, you are right generally in my experience. But there are some exceptions. For instance the Robie House was long gone from stores here while US still had them. But regarding SW I think it is a safe bet that the US has more enthusiasm.

It sounds like the markets are completely different.  The winter sets sell terribly over there, but have also retired earlier.  I think you have more opportunities to order from other countries who may have had a set linger longer.

Yeah, Europeans should look out for eastern countries with less purchasing power. I always find retired sets in some laid back store. Last year I scored a Green Grocer at MSRP in a small town we were visiting. If you carefully look at Bricklink it is no wonder that heaps of Rovers and other rare items ship from Hungary or Poland. People just don't have the money to pick the stores clean.

Just found out there is a HUGE shipment of SSD's coming to the LEGO stores next week.  Confirmed with a manager that showed me the manifest.  He said there is such a need for them that LEGO decided to start the production line again.  JUST KIDDING.  I bet a few of you wee wee'd your pants huh?

Just found out there is a HUGE shipment of SSD's coming to the LEGO stores next week.  Confirmed with a manager that showed me the manifest.  He said there is such a need for them that LEGO decided to start the production line again.  JUST KIDDING.  I bet a few of you wee wee'd your pants huh?

Thankfully the "Just kidding" stood out and my eyes darted to that first, otherwise i'm sure i would have been!  :sweat:

Guest TabbyBoy

Thankfully the "Just kidding" stood out and my eyes darted to that first, otherwise i'm sure i would have been!  :sweat:

It's true, all Amazon EU sites are now showing 999 and all Lego EU shops allow you to buy 99.  Lego have put a header on their StarWars page saying that they are extending production until 2016 due to popular demand and it being resurrected in the new movie. ???

Here's the deal with the 10221.

1. See if you have the funds to buy it.

2. Find it.

3. Buy it.

4. Put it away.

5. Wait until it inevitably retires (today, next month or next year).

6. Watch it go up, waaaaaaay up

7. Count your dollar bills in your dreams.

I am happy that I have a couple but I would always like more (oddly enough it was a Lego store that moved me to buy this instead of other sets). It may have a lower cagr than other sets but it is as close to a sure profit as you can find.

This message will self destruct. (:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Why do you think that it will retire now as the status is still "Temporarily out of stock" ?

As there was the special Star Wars event then it is clear that the current situation is due to this fact and not to possible end of line.

Nevertheless I think my investment in 100 Mars Rovers was better than in 10 of the SSDs ;-)

(But no problem for you in the US as I'm in Europe...) 

Mauro

Why do you think that it will retire now as the status is still "Temporarily out of stock" ?

As there was the special Star Wars event then it is clear that the current situation is due to this fact and not to possible end of line.

Nevertheless I think my investment in 100 Mars Rovers was better than in 10 of the SSDs ;-)

Mauro

It went to TOOS in US before May. TOOS could mean "the last batch". But obviously, we will know only when we know

Mauro

Mauro, I think both will be good investments. It is no pissing contest. It is business.

• Like 1