[amazon.ES] Grand Prix Racer 42000

fondkick

is it easy to add PF's to this one?

Yes and no...

I mean, it's easy but the PF only makes the "hood" and the back "spoiler" to move (and maybe the fake yellow pistons of the motor too, I don't remember).

But to make the F1 move (and turn) it's not the same, this part is not "power function ready" so you have to deeply MOC it.

That may be the reason why the "Power function" stuff is shown on... the back of the box.

About investment, I have only two of these (got for 68 euros, so about 32% off) and I think this is far enough... (unlicenced F1 may not be like a spaceship without the SW licence :P but for sure it will not help it)

Thanks for the heads-up Fondkick. It is a decent price yes. Wonder how this one will do EOL. What worries me is that there is no license on it. And... is it easy to add PF's to this one?

It will very likely retire in the coming months however don't get too concerned with licences. The Lego Lamborghini racers haven't performed particularly well. Even the licensed F1 cars aren't pulling in big returns. Personally I'd only consider picking this set up at a heavy discount 40%+. I've been doing a fair bit of research and comparisons to previously retired Technic sets and I think this years EOL winners will be the Crawler, Excavator and motocross bike.

I think this years EOL winners will be the Crawler, Excavator and motocross bike.

Something really great IMHO: it's too late for the 9392 buggy but I think the 9398 crawler and the 42007 motocross will be awesome together, side by side (about the same color scheme).

Maybe it would be nice to try to sell them along.

And about the excavator... I would buy tons of that set (with 25% off or more). I have only one set in stock and I hurt myself every day because it will be a great winner. It's massive (when you consider the MSRP), it will do really great when EOL.

• 6 months later...