Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

On a  slightly disturbing news , Disney Store in now selling on Amazon .

if this becomes a trend with other retailers , the impact will be big 

vtech already does also i wonder if disney store will give violation notices of intellectual property rights if you compete with them on the listings they want to sell.I believe during the frozen mania they gave a number of resellers/scalpers such violations.

Edited by river41
misspelling

Sold a $180 item FBM, delivered 11/8. Return request with reason "bought by mistake". Planning to authorize the return but how should I handle the return shipping? Use the Amazon non pre-paid label option or does that open me up to negative feedback? Pretty standard to have buyer pay return shipping for returns "bought by mistake"? It's only one state over so shipping was very cheap to begin with. Thanks.

Just now, BrickLegacy said:

Sold a $180 item FBM, delivered 11/8. Return request with reason "bought by mistake". Planning to authorize the return but how should I handle the return shipping? Use the Amazon non pre-paid label option or does that open me up to negative feedback? Pretty standard to have buyer pay return shipping for returns "bought by mistake"? It's only one state over so shipping was very cheap to begin with. Thanks.

buyer pays shipping. 

• Like 2

So, I just hopped on Amazon tonight, been away from the platform busy for a few months with other projects. Come to discover this whole gating thing...

So...how boned am I?? I have no way to provide invoices which apparently I have to do before they'll approve items I want to sell...

At this point, I'm tired of this crap, and not interested in playing last man standing. You think anyone who is already gated on here wants to buy my whole collection? I'm about $5000 invested into these sets. 

Advice??

4 minutes ago, fesoferbex said:

So, I just hopped on Amazon tonight, been away from the platform busy for a few months with other projects. Come to discover this whole gating thing...

So...how boned am I?? I have no way to provide invoices which apparently I have to do before they'll approve items I want to sell...

At this point, I'm tired of this crap, and not interested in playing last man standing. You think anyone who is already gated on here wants to buy my whole collection? I'm about $5000 invested into these sets. 

Advice??

ebay is there. you can start slow; i mean being gated @ amazon is not the end of the world. there are other platform where you can sell.

Edited by newbie77

4 minutes ago, fesoferbex said:

I've been selling for a while, it's just the margins are small on ebay. Amazon was such a nice platform to work on. I have a pretty serious illness, I'm tired, I kinda just want to be done. 

sorry to hear that. there are tons of big sellers here who can absorb inventory. try brick-classifieds you might be able to sell some. if you price it right pretty sure there are lot of buyers out there.

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but anyone not getting an option of using FedEx for FBM?  There are two threads in the AMZ seller forum about it, but no resolution.  Don't even get options for label placement in the new shipping workflow for any carrier - don't see how any of this is an improvement.

Edited by I am Niko
  • Like 1

Just now, BrickLegacy said:

What's your typical threshold for adding signature confirmation for FBM?  Tracking and signature confirmation has saved me on a few PayPal scams, but that was eBay.  Not sure what's best practice for Amazon FBM.  Thanks.

I still use signature confirmation for $250+ on Amazon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

What's your typical threshold for adding signature confirmation for FBM?  Tracking and signature confirmation has saved me on a few PayPal scams, but that was eBay.  Not sure what's best practice for Amazon FBM.  Thanks.

I do it over $100. Saved me on a $150 spongebob set. Buyer open an a-z claim that amz closed same day as the item was signed for. 

I thought on Amazon if you purchase shipping and item shows delivered you are covered?

That was the policy they pitched a few months back but as Bold Arrow already pointed out, there are many sellers that claim Amazon did not adhere to their own policy when they had a customer claim he/she didn't receive their item and the shipping was purchased on Amazon

Bye Bye everyone! Have fun selling on Amazon this holiday period!

See you on the other side of the holidays - unless FBA restrictions get lifted before then .....

That said ... the last email I had on the Holiday Selling period says it starts on Nov 17, with final notification on Nov 11. I haven't had a final notification ....... here's to hoping a miracle happened :)

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Bye Bye everyone! Have fun selling on Amazon this holiday period!

See you on the other side of the holidays - unless FBA restrictions get lifted before then .....

That said ... the last email I had on the Holiday Selling period says it starts on Nov 17, with final notification on Nov 11. I haven't had a final notification ....... here's to hoping a miracle happened :)

I just got my final notice a day or so ago.

On 11/14/2016 at 7:45 AM, I am Niko said:

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but anyone not getting an option of using FedEx for FBM?  There are two threads in the AMZ seller forum about it, but no resolution.  Don't even get options for label placement in the new shipping workflow for any carrier - don't see how any of this is an improvement.

They seemed to have fixed this now. You will need to add your phone number in the address profile in Buy Shipping Settings ... and then FedEx will show up (finally).

• Like 1

Is it just me or are all the Amazon listings a bigger mess than usual this year? I've been looking through products and it seems like so many of them have two major listings with 80+ sellers, sometimes the listing with almost no reviews is the one with the most sellers. I'm guessing this is some attempt to bypass gates or inability to sell in Toys, just seems far worse to me than I remember in the past. 

• Like 3

Received a return request where the buyer claims I sent them a used damaged item.   "What I received was opened, used and in terrible shape for the money I paid for this. Stating an item is New then sending a used old item is fraud."   What should I make of this. It is important to note that a new seller recently listed this item for $50 less than the price mine sold for.  Should I offer to price adjust as well as accepting the return? Is this person trying to totally scam me and send back rocks, or old used LEPIN, or just trying to save $50 and in the process cost me a ton in shipping? Thanks for any advice. As a long time eBay seller I am not used to these Amazon scam buyers. 2 of the last 6 high ticket >$400 sets I have sold on Amazon have been to SCAM buyers.  I don't know what to say and am so disappointed in the honesty of Amazon buyers of high value sets, and I will never sell an expensive item on Amazon again. Hard to believe that Amazon facilitates open theft against its sellers.

Edited by junkrigger