amazon export sales no longer shipping to australia

Dvious357

hi guys.

I have been purchasing lots of Lego form amazon export sales and all of a sudden yesterday (14th august) they've stopped shipping to Australia. is anyone else on here having the same problem?

from what I can gather Lego have updated policies with amazon sending Lego to anywhere besides the us. I can still purchase from other sellers through amazon but cant buy from amazon direct with all the good prices and BOGO sales anymore.

what other options do I have to find cheaper Lego now? I've looked into post forwarding websites but seems like it will void the reason for buying though amazon in the first place cause wont end up much cheaper

any help would be great :)

I haven't checked in a while so not sure if anything has changed for me.  Some sets they used to ship and others they didn't.  Things like Super Heroes always seemed to be a no, which I assume was some kind of licensing issue.

You could try using shipitto.com or some other freight forwarding service, though their pricing may make it a tougher option.

yup i had a whole bunch of stuff i been picking the last few days in prep for a xmas order for my son (just got into lego 4yrs old) went to go order today AND NO!!! WTF?

soooooooooooo peeeeved, the spiderman sets where $30 cheaper in the US then here in AU even with shipping and currency conversion i was saving heaps!!! not to mention getting sets that i cant find here any more, guess what? Not anymore! 

SIGH :(

made account just to whinge but will now stay to read other areas of the forum LOL :)

Hmmm... it does look like they may have changed things.  I just tried ordering a few sets I have had no problem with before, and got denied!

Super annoying that the set pages state:

This item ships to (my location)Learn more

Yet after choosing my address at checkout I get the denied screen.

Tis a dark day If Amazon stop delivering   :cry:

yup, sons xmas was going to be rather epic on the lego side, if i have to pay RRP here in AUS then pay the premium price for the few other sets i found i amazon i just cant do it

mega shame, should have ordered sooner :`(

ahhh he still have epic xmas he is a kid they all rock at that age lol :)

If you scroll down further in the "product details" section, it says :

• Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

I'm hoping this is temporary..

Hmmm... it does look like they may have changed things.  I just tried ordering a few sets I have had no problem with before, and got denied!

Super annoying that the set pages state:

This item ships to (my location)Learn more

Yet after choosing my address at checkout I get the denied screen.

Tis a dark day If Amazon stop delivering   :cry:

If you scroll down further in the "product details" section, it says :

• Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

I'm hoping this is temporary..

Yeah I saw that.  Just stupid the bit at the top of the page says it does ship.

I asked about it and got this response:

------------------------

I'm not aware of any major changes, Item availability can change based on supplier information; were you trying to order directly from us, or from a third-party seller? I'd also recommend searching from our International Shipping page for the items you're looking for: http://www.amazon.com/International-Shipping-Direct/b?node=230659011

-----------------------------

I went back with some more info, including that people from other countries had noticed a change as well, so will see if that gets furhter answers.

From that link I was able to find quite a few sets still shipping to me, though plenty stll did not.  Plus plenty of sets that I actually want like super Heroes or Star Wars aren't even in there, which I guess means they are off limits.

Yeah I saw that.  Just stupid the bit at the top of the page says it does ship.

I asked about it and got this response:

------------------------

I'm not aware of any major changes, Item availability can change based on supplier information; were you trying to order directly from us, or from a third-party seller? I'd also recommend searching from our International Shipping page for the items you're looking for: http://www.amazon.com/International-Shipping-Direct/b?node=230659011

-----------------------------

I went back with some more info, including that people from other countries had noticed a change as well, so will see if that gets furhter answers.

From that link I was able to find quite a few sets still shipping to me, though plenty stll did not.  Plus plenty of sets that I actually want like super Heroes or Star Wars aren't even in there, which I guess means they are off limits.

I searched for "Lego" following your link and was unable to see ANY Lego sets at all, only Lego video games, books and dvds.  :bad:

I searched for "Lego" following your link and was unable to see ANY Lego sets at all, only Lego video games, books and dvds.  :bad:

Yeah, I had to browse through the different categories from the left hand menu.

I just got this pretty poor response to my follow up:

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to order direct from Amazon and not a third-party seller. I does seem strange that items I could order in the past now I can't. I have also chatted to others from different countries outside the US and they too are reporting a major change in availability of Lego products to be shipped to them.

I tried searching from that link. It is still very hit and miss. Many of the new sets I want and those I have ordered in the past don't show up there. Plus plenty of the ones that do, still seem to have conflicting messages. e.g. LEGO Architecture The Leaning Tower of Pisa, which says "This item ships to... Learn more" before then contradicting that further down in the Product Details section: "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

It would be a shame to have to buy my Lego from another site, as I've always found your customer service and delivery times to be excellent.

By RTR!, 6 hours 38 minutes ago  

Things change all the time.Items come and go.

---------------------------------------------------

I got the following (very detailed!) response from Amazon:

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear the trouble you had while placing the order through our website. 

I checked the LEGO Tower Bridge 10214  on our website and verified it can't be shipped to Australia. Warranty and legal restrictions limit the delivery destinations for some products.  

Please understand that this policy is based on warranty issues, manufacturer restrictions, and Federal law, and as such, cannot be amended at the discretion of our Customer Service department. 

However, we can ship all the items to freight forwarders who are located within the continental United States. From them you can forward items to your country with additional shipping cost.  

Here are some websites that give information about various freight forwarders: 

www.forwarders.com/  

www.freightnet.com/  

For your reference, we offer customers throughout the world access to locally-released books, CDs, movies, and other products through our subsidiary sites. You'll find links to these international sites at the bottom of any Amazon.com web page. 

The ordering process at these sites is very similar to what you've seen at Amazon.com. Your Amazon.com e-mail address and password will be accepted on our international sites (except on Amazon.co.jp and Amazon. cn--you will need to set up a new account to place an order on these sites). For the sake of simplicity, you're welcome to enter the same e-mail address/password combination you're currently using on Amazon.com when creating an account on Amazon.co.jp. However you'll need to enter a new e-mail/password combination when creating an account on Amazon. cn. 

Our international sites also offer personalized recommendations, the ability to search for and locate items in a variety of ways, hundreds of browsing lists in specific categories, reviews by experts and customers, secure 1-Click ordering, and Amazon. com's attention to customer service. 

You'll also find English-language instructions in the Help section of Amazon. de, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.co.jp--just click the link at the top right corner of the website. 

We invite you to visit these websites. Orders placed at these sites will be shipped from these locations and they may not be combined with orders placed at Amazon.com. 

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

So anyway, bad news. :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...