10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Which one of you is this guy?

Went to my LEGO store for the VIP event and picked up an R2. Was talking to the manager about how I "hear that R2 is going away" and she says "Yes, it's sad but true".

She then says that someone had called the store during the week asking to buy 4 and have them shipped. So she got his name and then proceeded to look him up in the system and she says it appears that this guy has called at least 21 LEGO stores across the country looking for R2's and got almost all the stores to sell him at least 2 each.

She says "I guess I know what he is going to do with them..."

I hope this isn't true...greed kills

I think it might be - Not too many people would call all the locations across the country.

Three years ago when LEGO Shop at Home did their monster X-mas 50% blowout, I remember one guy posting about how he had basically sat at home and spent about $30k on 12/26 by calling around to every Lego store and ordering as much of the discounted product as he could.  I've never done it, but it's certainly a viable way to get sets that are on their way out...well, I guess it would be proper to say that it is viable for the moment.

thought it was Johnny, now Timmy.  Next it'll be Bobby, Danny, or Donny lol.  Soon they'll be a whole army of poor littles buying up the LEGO

Little Johnny wants all of the retiring sets for Christmas and can't get any because they're out of stock, and now has a sad face in front of the Christmas tree.

Timmy wants many of the EOL'ing now sets because his grandma is willing to buy them for him.  C'mon people, let's get this right! (in the words of Ron Burgundy).

Sad to say, my 7-year old nephew wants the Death Star and R2 still and I don't think he'll be getting them anytime soon from his parents (and rightfully so).  He likes Star Wars, Chima, and Ninjago.  Perhaps I can sell one to my sister in the future...

• Like 1

Little Johnny wants all of the retiring sets for Christmas and can't get any because they're out of stock, and now has a sad face in front of the Christmas tree.

Timmy wants many of the EOL'ing now sets because his grandma is willing to buy them for him. C'mon people, let's get this right! (in the words of Ron Burgundy).

Sad to say, my 7-year old nephew wants the Death Star and R2 still and I don't think he'll be getting them anytime soon from his parents (and rightfully so). He likes Star Wars, Chima, and Ninjago. Perhaps I can sell one to my sister in the future...

Tell her that there is a guy in the back alley that has R2D2 and is asking $280 and that you will help her by dealing with the guy if she hands you the money

• Like 1

What I heard from a Lego employee this weekend during VIP event:

The ONLY reason R2 went TOOS was a production/quality issues.  They were forced to stop selling them.

I wonder if TLG will send out any kind of info on potential replacments if there were poor quality sets resleased.

COuld be easy to find with Production Code on boxes.

How soon till R2 is EOL is anyone guess with more info than I have available to me.

I have zero "in the know" connections