10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Can someone quote the new indicator for R2 squealing into the night?  I must have missed it?

Sold out in European LEGO Shop at Home sites, and Sold out (with a shipping date) in US stores.

And someone noticed Target & LEGO Shop at Home's limits being reduced recently. (some have said all of targets limits were reduced though)

Per customer service rep, Tumbler ends next year.  They are getting one more shipment in definitely in January.

Seriously is this a joke or did they tell you that?  Was the January like statement it may be the last?

Well I unloaded most of my tumblers for funds for R2.  Go figure.  You can't win them all.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed watching this thread light up.

After being ridiculed by some for being so pro town hall retiring a month or two ago I decided to keep relatively mum on this thread.

Slowly I have been building my inventory.

This morning I ordered the last of what I wanted of R2 to reach my target quantity assuming it would be retiring soon.

Beyond LEGO Shop at Home status in the US and Europe we have Walmart who has not had stock for quite some time and TRU who has been continually out of stock with a momentary few days of in stock.  I did not track in detail so someone has historical stock statuses better than me but this has generally been available at Target and LEGO Shop at Home and not available for a long time at Walmart and TRU.

It is enjoyable to be at my target when the frenzy begins (legitimate or not on retiring).

I just need to decide if I want to go above my target quantity.

Be sure to use the BP affiliate links for your orders.

It will be interesting to see if Target & Amazon have loads of inventory or if they will stock out quickly.

Let the games begin (or they already have).

This is fun.

:)

I feel bad for Cross, he was asking for advice just a couple days ago, hope he was able to snag some and not 50 tumblers and 50 of those duplo circuses (just to be safe).

I think some good advice is following:

Load up early and ALWAYS have some spare money on your account just in case that a set is retiring and you need to panic buy.

• Like 1

And it's started. The horde is unleashed. Another set was is temporarily sold out during xmas shopping season and it's for sure retiring. Along with the other 86 sets next month.

We're talking about a 2012 set. It's not some dumb speculation from a OoS 2014 set. The 9493 X-wing is the only remaining set (along with the 10225) from 2012. And the 7965 MF is this only one from 2011.

No need to say that those two sets are absolute best sellers, so it's logical to see them on shelves in 2014, and that the UCS R2D2 could be the next one to retire.

BTW, considering lego release about 200 sets in a year and they stay in the catalog for about 2 years, and most of the sets retire on November and december, yeah, 86 seems quite accurate.