Hiding Lego

So I was digging through some boxes at my in-laws house and found I had stashed 5 Wolverine and a mini modulars set. Previously

I discovered Hulk sets and Robie Houses I had put aside.

Am I crazy or do people also put some of their excess sets they get cheap enough aside to be forgotten about for a rainy day?

I have a room dedicated to my sets so no, I do not forget any set, and I also because I have an OpenOffice file in which I can find in a blink of an eye what I own.

That's the thing, I do have an inventory list updated regularly. Just when moving stuff for space I threw in some bonuses straight from delivery.

I keep a detailed purchase list and usually have a good memory of what all I have stored but there still are times where I come across a set I forgot I even had or sometimes the number especially with polybags and Collectable Minifigures. The larger sets are easy to remember; it's the small ones that can cause temporary lapses of "Huh?". Haha.

So I was digging through some boxes at my in-laws house and found I had stashed 5 Wolverine and a mini modulars set. Previously

I discovered Hulk sets and Robie Houses I had put aside.

Am I crazy or do people also put some of their excess sets they get cheap enough aside to be forgotten about for a rainy day?

it happens especially with smaller sets. 

when we have many sets, there are some that we sometimes forget to enter into your "books" / brickfolio and fall behind other sets.

I also found extra Wolverine Chopper sets (3) two weeks ago in addition to 2 Superman Lex Armor sets.

• 5 weeks later...

My wife knew I was stashing Lego, but I don't think she realized the full extent until the last couple of weeks when we had to move my entire stash out of the basement due to flooding.  My Lego is stored in my workshop too, and she just never goes in there to see.  Moving 200+ Lego sets is an eye opening experience lol.  I promised her I'd sell some during the xmas season this year.

• Like 2

I think the trick is to get your other half involved. Get him/her interested in the thrill of bargain hunting, collecting and profiting. Make them participate and let him/her know the importance of their role in the whole process. Then all of this, will be justified. No more need of hiding LEGOs  :victory:

I think the trick is to get your other half involved. Get him/her interested in the thrill of bargain hunting, collecting and profiting. Make them participate and let him/her know the importance of their role in the whole process. Then all of this, will be justified. No more need of hiding LEGOs  :victory:

Hmmm, might be quicker to extinguish the sun with a garden hose then wait for the extinction of the human race.

Hmmm, might be quicker to extinguish the sun with a garden hose then wait for the extinction of the human race.

bp_1409722362__quick_meme.jpg