Amazon.ca - technic 42030 Volvo and Lab Smash

ChristopherJB

Nice! I have a buddy hardcore into the technics, I'll pass it on.

Ahhh, it's you. Two can play at this game, you come to America to pick up the SSD, I cross over to Niagara Falls to pick up a Volvo. Fair game. :) When the USD goes up another few more points, I'll be coming up to grab some SSDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Lol, if you can find them!

I was able to land some cheap Architecture United Nations last weekend in Toronto for about $45 after using VIP and 20% off. There was a lego sale throughout Canada last week on architecture sets. Imperial hotel was $110CAD. I didn't bother posting because it was late in the day an last day of sale. The manager said it was a "rare" sale. I head up to Canada often for work so it works out for me. I'm contemplating getting the fairground mixer up north.

Architecture at the lego store? Too bad I missed it, the wife actually enjoys those sets. Wouldn't the VIP points be better spent in the US since you get the same value for them in the US or Can and US prices are usually about 15-20% cheaper?

True about the points but seriously, I've almost never seen architecture sets on sale in the US. I go to the one in NYC often to know that was a deal. I can get the imperial hotel for $86USD from BN using coupons and membership card. Harder to do the same as my BNs don't have UN in stock and a few beaten imperial hotels. I hate it when they strap the security cables on the hotel. They also killed the Robie house last year.

I was a bit surprised that the UN was on the shelf and nobody went and grabbed them. I was actually notified by two friends in Vancouver about it. It's possible the one in Vancouver had its shelves cleaned out because he told me it was a fire sale and they tacked on another 20% on a few beaten boxes. The one in Toronto only had one beaten box and I got another 10% off.

Nice! I didn't realize you could haggle them down on box quality. I'll have give that a try.

Yes, it works if there's a dent or ding on boxes. Did it at many lego stores.

By the way, you guys got it good. New city train sets 20% off on amazon.ca. What the heck.....also checked TRU.ca, no sale on trains there. Amazon.ca price matching some other Canadian store? Using the amazon credit card with $20 off sets the new high speed train down to $120 a pop, $108USD. That's a really darn good deal! I maxed out my amazon cards. I guess you have the option to buy the cargo or high speed train. The cheapest the last passenger train went for in the US was $90 on amazon.com. For the new high speed train, amazon.ca has the cheapest I've seen in North America. Watch it sit there without poofing.....how sad.

I'll have to look into the train, my kid loves 'em. To be honest I'm only a year into this lego hobby/investing so I have a lot to learn with the website credit cards and stacking discounts etc. I do have some money tied up into bigger sets that I've picked for investing but I'm not at the point of reselling yet. Hopefully within about a year I'll be able to diversify some more.

I'll have to look into the train, my kid loves 'em. To be honest I'm only a year into this lego hobby/investing so I have a lot to learn with the website credit cards and stacking discounts etc. I do have some money tied up into bigger sets that I've picked for investing but I'm not at the point of reselling yet. Hopefully within about a year I'll be able to diversify some more.

Just check the price movements of retired train sets. You are guaranteed to make some gains on these new ones but they are too new to tie up money here. That's unless you buy and resell right away. Net gain of $20 per train sets? Still a 10-15% profit. There are always buyers desperate to get a set when it's not on sale. I do it all the time on CL and never budge on pricing. I bet I can get $150USD for the train set, full retail on CL. Save them the taxes and the trip to a toy store.

That's unless you buy and resell right away. Net gain of $20 per train sets? Still a 10-15% profit. There are always buyers desperate to get a set when it's not on sale. I do it all the time on CL and never budge on pricing. I bet I can get $150USD for the train set, full retail on CL. Save them the taxes and the trip to a toy store.

Yeah true. There are so many angles to this game.

To keep with the OP, I haven't built any technics but that volvo looks pretty 'itchin'!

So I picked up five volvos at the Canadian side of the border for about $220 CAD a piece yesterday, $200USD, relisted on eBay for $279USD plus international shipping of $65. Sold three so far. Net gain of $50 - $60 a piece after fees which is not bad. Basically paid off one volvo. Two buyers from

brazil and one in Mexico. If you live near the border, this is easy flip money. Buy in Canada, ship away in the US. I hope that the USD continue to rise. As long as lego doesn't make any price adjustment, the real steal would be the fairground mixer. Buy that and get the miniature mini. Split them up and resell on eBay.

So I picked up five volvos at the Canadian side of the border for about $220 CAD a piece yesterday, $200USD, relisted on eBay for $279USD plus international shipping of $65. Sold three so far. Net gain of $50 - $60 a piece after fees which is not bad. Basically paid off one volvo. Two buyers from

brazil and one in Mexico. If you live near the border, this is easy flip money. Buy in Canada, ship away in the US. I hope that the USD continue to rise. As long as lego doesn't make any price adjustment, the real steal would be the fairground mixer. Buy that and get the miniature mini. Split them up and resell on eBay.

You know you can get these at TRU between $135-$162 US if you have a store by you using coupon in DD thread GC and CC discount.

20% off with additional amazon credit card and gift cards drops the volvo to about $205 CAD. Open a new card and get the hulk lab smash under $30.

Enjoy!

How are you getting these down to $205? Currently listed at 17% off which is pretty good... How are you getting "20% off with additional amazon credit card and gift cards?"