Daily Deals and BrickPicker affiliate programs - Includes affiliate links

• 1 month later...

What are some ways to make affiliate links easier for me to use for non-BP-suggested items?  Obviously if following a specific LEGO deal that someone posts, I'll likely follow the affiliate link.  I'm thinking of routing my general purchases (non-LEGO) through the affiliate link.

Is there a way to bookmark on my browser?

Can the links to the websites be added to the BP webpage header area such that they can be seen from any page in the forum (rather than searching for this thread or the top of the DD thread?)

Any other easy way that I'm missing?

What are some ways to make affiliate links easier for me to use for non-BP-suggested items?  Obviously if following a specific LEGO deal that someone posts, I'll likely follow the affiliate link.  I'm thinking of routing my general purchases (non-LEGO) through the affiliate link.

Is there a way to bookmark on my browser?

Can the links to the websites be added to the BP webpage header area such that they can be seen from any page in the forum (rather than searching for this thread or the top of the DD thread?)

Any other easy way that I'm missing?

You absolutely can bookmark any of the affiliate links. Take for example the link for Amazon.com ..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&&field-keywords=lego

It's really just a shortcut to a LEGO search. Tthe is the affiliate link... so if you want a generic link to Amazon with the affiliate link, you would use:

http://www.amazon.com/?

And from what I understand about the affiliate program, as long as you stay on Amazon.com it will register that affiliate for that browsing session. I.e. the tag= part will go away, but it becomes something that Amazon itself remembers while you browser and buy.

This should work with any of the links you see in the admin/mod signatures.

** Edit to add... some of the links in my signature for example go through a third party source (LEGO, Walmart, eBay...) so in those cases you would bookmark the entire thing and unfortunately have to be routed through them every time. Amazon manages their own program, the others farm it out to a third party. **

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So what does it mean if I see a gift card on raise at a certain discount, have not received my alert notification that I would expect based on my alert setup, and the GC is not able to be added to cart?

I've seen the first and last together, which I presume means someone bought first before the site refreshed.  Not getting the alert is the odd factor.

I'm hoping this means imminently available... Just curious if anyone else had seen something like this before and if I should go into F5 mode as this is the best discount I've seen for this non-lego store.

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Holy thread revival but the Barnes and Noble affiliate link is broken. 

Where was it posted?  If it wasn't posted, just copy/paste and the forum should automatically put it in.

BN moved to a new affiliate program a while back, so yes, these may not work.

For example...I just paste this link from the site below and it will automagically do it.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/lego/_/N-1p5j

31 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Where was it posted?  If it wasn't posted, just copy/paste and the forum should automatically put it in.

BN moved to a new affiliate program a while back, so yes, these may not work.

For example...I just paste this link from the site below and it will automagically do it.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/lego/_/N-1p5j

I tried the one in this thread and the one in exciter's signature.  I'll update to the new one now, thanks.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Like I said, you really don't need to do anything.  Just post the actual link.  It will do the rest.

I need an affiliate link because I want to buy items that aren't Lego related.  I put an item in my cart and them come here to find the link and checkout but I'm not posting a deal here that will interest anyone unless you love Beauty and the Beast stuff.