Star wars 10179 ultimate collector's Millennium Falcon

Even if they release a new UCS falcon it's going to be a pale comparison of the 10179, probably thousand or more pieces less i'd guess

While I have no proof either way, my gut tells me a MF in the 2000-3000 piece range will be released.  A 5000 piece set today would probably sell for $500-$600 and I don't think LEGO wants to go down that road.  It would be an interesting day on these forums though if there was another 5000+ piece MF released.  I know I would be intrigued by the new opportunity to reinvest in this classic set.

While I have no proof either way, my gut tells me a MF in the 2000-3000 piece range will be released.  A 5000 piece set today would probably sell for $500-$600 and I don't think LEGO wants to go down that road.  It would be an interesting day on these forums though if there was another 5000+ piece MF released.  I know I would be intrigued by the new opportunity to reinvest in this classic set.

With Lego changing how they design sets (more cost conscience) along with the fact the global economy isn't like what it was while 10179's design was in the works, I seriously doubt we'll even see 4,000 element sets (or equalvant in total weight since element count doesn't really influence MSRP in my opinion). Lego doesn't always need to reach for the stars anymore since they are the #1 toy retailer (bigger is better) and TLG execs remember how long it took to unload 10179s before retirement. The $499 price point was too high and it took serious discounts to help.

Getting back to your back, any UCS MF refresh even mildly short of 10179 will be a LETDOWN. 10179's secondary price will still suffer somewhat but the new set will offer like you said, "new opportunity to reinvest in this classic set".

I seriously think a remake/update of the mf is in the works.

Sure, there is another MF coming...but will it be a UCS set?  If it is, what is the piece count and price?  It might be the difference of the 10179 losing half its value or doubling in value.