SHIRTLESS DARTH MAUL MINI FIGURE...1 OF 125????

Ed Mack

I've been seeing a lot of these 'shirtless' Darth Maul mini figures from the 2012 Toy Fair in New York City on EBAY lately:

'Shirtless' Darth Maul Mini Figure

They have been consistently selling for $200+ on EBAY. My issue is not the mini figure(which is very cool IMO), it's the sellers who are saying that this is a "1 OF 125" set. There are no markings on the package like other LEGO Limited Edition perks from the Toy Fair or San Diego Comic Con. There could be hundreds of these sets, if not more. $200+ for a single mini figure is a bit overpriced for a set that has no proof of its exclusivity. Just my 2 cents...

I've been seeing a lot of these 'shirtless' Darth Maul mini figures from the 2012 Toy Fair in New York City on EBAY lately:

'Shirtless' Darth Maul Mini Figure

They have been consistently selling for $200+ on EBAY. My issue is not the mini figure(which is very cool IMO), it's the sellers who are saying that this is a "1 OF 125" set. There are no markings on the package like other LEGO Limited Edition perks from the Toy Fair or San Diego Comic Con. There could be hundreds of these sets, if not more. $200+ for a single mini figure is a bit overpriced for a set that has no proof of its exclusivity. Just my 2 cents...

I agree. I was going to but one when they were $150. Darn. $200+ for a minifigure that might not even be special? Maybe waiting is a good idea.

These Comic Con and Toy Fair giveaways are only valuable to the people getting them. How much more can these little polybags go up? They are not marked. I'd rather buy a Town Hall and wait for that to go up. At least you have a set with 2500+ pieces, not just a single minifig.

I concur. I wish I knew how to get into the Toy Fair. I guess you have to be some sort of distributor. Lucky devils!

• 2 weeks later...

I concur. I wish I knew how to get into the Toy Fair. I guess you have to be some sort of distributor. Lucky devils!What is the Toy Fair? Sorry, I'm a noob.The Toy Fair is a yearly event held in NYC and is open to toy distributors and sales people.

As for the Darth Maul minifig, looks to be more are being released. Some are selling for less than $100 now. Those idiots who bought at $200+ should be ashamed of themselves.

I concur. I wish I knew how to get into the Toy Fair. I guess you have to be some sort of distributor. Lucky devils!What is the Toy Fair? Sorry, I'm a noob.The Toy Fair is a yearly event held in NYC and is open to toy distributors and sales people.

As for the Darth Maul minifig, looks to be more are being released. Some are selling for less than $100 now. Those idiots who bought at $200+ should be ashamed of themselves.

I rolled the dice as they say and bought one for $104 on EBAY. Only time will tell if that was a good move or not. LOL

I rolled the dice as they say and bought one for $104 on EBAY. Only time will tell if that was a good move or not. LOLConsidering they were selling at $200 plus, it might be a good move. Then again, if there is another Toy Fair somewhere and they give these same figures away again, they might be worth $10. ;-)

I rolled the dice as they say and bought one for $104 on EBAY. Only time will tell if that was a good move or not. LOLConsidering they were selling at $200 plus, it might be a good move. Then again, if there is another Toy Fair somewhere and they give these same figures away again, they might be worth $10. ;-)They are definitely coming down in value. I saw some Buy it Nows for $130-$150. I saw one or two sold for a little over $100.

I rolled the dice as they say and bought one for $104 on EBAY. Only time will tell if that was a good move or not. LOLConsidering they were selling at $200 plus, it might be a good move. Then again, if there is another Toy Fair somewhere and they give these same figures away again, they might be worth $10. ;-)They are definitely coming down in value. I saw some Buy it Nows for $130-$150. I saw one or two sold for a little over $100.Most are around $100 now. Looks like a definite downward trend.

• 5 months later...

This is a really old topic so I am sure everyone already knows but this minifig is under 20 bucks now on eBay. What really pisses me off is that people were miss representing this when it came out, although it is hard to feel too sorry for people who bought one because there are no markings on the bag saying limited edition. Still though people who made out like bandits should be ashamed of themselves.