Lifelong Lego lover joining the forum

Hello everyone, my name is Anthony. As I'm sure most of you have, I grew up with Legos as a kid and now I'm looking to hunt down some of the sets that I always wanted. I've always been a huge fan of the realistic vehicular Lego models, such as the Model Team sets (5561, 5563, 5571, 10151) and the intricate Technic car models such as 8880 and 8448. I spent a lot of time drooling over these sets in the catalogs as a kid. Right now, 10151 is the only model I currently have (it was my #1 Christmas list item for many years) and I hope to slowly add the others over the next several years. This seems like a great place for information on all types of sets, and I look forward to learning from all the Lego gurus on here.

Thanks for the warm welcome :) . Yes, 10151 has been a favorite of mine for many years (I think the original version was 5541, then re-released under the new number). I still have some other sets from when I was younger and don't plan to get rid of them any time soon. In fact, I'll be moving out soon to start my career and I hope to get a 2 bedroom apartment so I can have 1 room for all of my gaming stuff and collection displays (coins, hotwheels and legos).

Thanks for the warm welcome :) . Yes, 10151 has been a favorite of mine for many years (I think the original version was 5541, then re-released under the new number). I still have some other sets from when I was younger and don't plan to get rid of them any time soon. In fact, I'll be moving out soon to start my career and I hope to get a 2 bedroom apartment so I can have 1 room for all of my gaming stuff and collection displays (coins, hotwheels and legos).

Glad to hear you have been able to hold on to some of your older sets. Some of the older sets are the best in existence. Also, you can't beat having a room dedicated to gaming and Lego......sounds like one awesome room to me!

Glad to hear you have been able to hold on to some of your older sets. Some of the older sets are the best in existence. Also, you can't beat having a room dedicated to gaming and Lego......sounds like one awesome room to me!

Yeah, most of my sets are from the late 90s/early 00s. Unfortunately, the older sets I'm wanting to track down seem to be quite elusive, so I have my work cut out for me :) .

I'm enjoying browsing this forum; there seems to be a lot of good information. I don't think I could ever be an investor, though. The first thing I do when a Lego box arrives at my door is rip the box open and start building hahaha.

Yeah, most of my sets are from the late 90s/early 00s. Unfortunately, the older sets I'm wanting to track down seem to be quite elusive, so I have my work cut out for me :) .

I'm enjoying browsing this forum; there seems to be a lot of good information. I don't think I could ever be an investor, though. The first thing I do when a Lego box arrives at my door is rip the box open and start building hahaha.

Haha trust me I do the same thing, I love building sets! Keeping sets closed is so hard for me to do. I do have some investments, but they are of sets that I don't have time to build, or wouldn't mind building later down the road. I love almost all Lego and wish I had time to build it all.