What would look best on my work desk?

Hello,

I am fairly new to investing and have really got the bug.  So far i have resisted the temptation to build anything that i have bought for investment, however my wish to return to my childhood is overpowering.

This is a bit random but I would really like to build something cool, to put on my desk at work.  I work as a divorce lawyer and see clients in my office.  I don't want something that is off putting or that makes me look like a lunatic, but i thought that something good would be a good conversation starter and a bit unique.  I would hope that it might also be something i can pack away again in a couple of years and sell for a profit and then replace it with something else.

Any thoughts on what to build?

Mars rover - if you can get your hands in it. While still Lego, it is a more adult-oriented set and displays really well. Great model, neat functions, doesn't come off as a toy, and is small enough to fit on a desk. Also consider Ecto-1 - slick set, recognizable subject matter, great display, and an accurate model.

EDIT - ninja'ed by migration!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

LOL - yes i am not sure the wedding favour set would get me off on the right foot!  I do like the Ecto 1.  I will take a look at the architecture line as i would quite like something substantial.  I had not considered the Maersk - i will def take a look - how big is it?

LOL - yes i am not sure the wedding favour set would get me off on the right foot!  I do like the Ecto 1.  I will take a look at the

architecture line as i would quite like something substantial.  I had not considered the Maersk - i will def take a look - how big is it?

The Maersk Ship is 8in (21cm) tall, 25in (65cm) long, and 3in (9cm) wide. It is a fairly large display piece. If you are looking for something smaller, I would recommend the Architecture Series. The sets are small, but they still capture the landmark that they represent.

Given your profession, you`re likely going to want something that isn`t 'nerdy' per se, or that is related to any sort of fandom. Architecture sets are excellent, Migration suggested a few. Pretty much anything in that line should work. The Maersk ship makes an incredible display, I own 1 of these and can attest to just how wonderful it is. Perfect for on top of a set of drawers or on a shelf, desk can work, but you need a bit more space. Sopwith Camel might look great in an office, but likely won`t fit on your desk. Honestly, I`d go with any of those over something else. 

As has been mentioned, the Architecture sets make for great display pieces. I have a couple of my favorites in my office, and I particularly like that they have small footprints at the base. They're great conversation starters.

If there's a specific theme I were interested in, I wouldn't rule out a custom creation. 

I wonder what it would look like if the MF had to come in for a crash landing on a desk during a meeting. That would be a great sight.

Post of the day candidate.

Anyway, my recommendation would be the Lego biz card holder or picture frame especially if you have young kids.

• Like 1