Bill Me Later Worth It?

I'm considering opening a Bill Me Later account to take advantage of the current promotion running where you get $10 ebay bucks credit and 50% more in ebay bucks on that purchase. I would pay it off immediately so this is only to take advantage of the promotion. A few questions for anyone that has used Bill Me Later before. Is this deal a good one or do they offer better? What is your experience with BML? Do you close your account after paying it off or do you leave it open? Any potential pitfalls to avoid?Thanks. 

I can't speak to whether they have better promotions or not, but I had an account a few years ago. I kept it open and rarely used it. But then one day after not using it for a long time, I received an email statement for a purchase I didn't make. Somehow someone had used my account to buy something. But I called them and they closed my account and I wasn't responsible for the charge after they completed their investigation. I've been hesitant to reopen though and have yet another account I need to worry about fraud on.

Like anything credit, you have to manage it appropriately. Interest will kill your gains, and it`s just bad/irresponsible to buy things or make investments that you aren`t capable of. Haven`t heard of this Bill Me Later, will have a look. 

I believe it is a hard pull on your credit score, so may not be worth it because of that. I did it a long time ago for a $10 credit and it took 3-4 months and few e-mails for them to actually give me the credit.

Yes, it is a hard credit inquiry so if someone were planning on applying for a loan for a car or house in the next month it's probably not a good idea to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker