Finally Found a Good Clearance Deal

Hey Everybody, Up until now, I have always heard about good clearance prices, but never actually found any. Today I went to my local Target to look for the new Batman sets. Naturally they were out of them. This particular Target is disappointing about 95% of the time. I hung my head and started to leave the LEGO aisle, when I noticed a clearance sign below the SpongeBob sets. ***Disclaimer - This will not be very exciting for most.*** They had five of the 3817 Frying Dutchman sets left, and they were on clearance for $9.98 each! That is pretty darn good for a set that retails for $24.99. I bought three of them, one for my kids, two to sit on. So the point of this thread is not only to share my excitement, but also to increase the awareness of others. If anyone is looking for this set, try Target. I am guess most of them still have it, and many of them will be offering it on clearance. Happy Hunting!

They had five of the 3817 Frying Dutchman sets left, and they were on clearance for $9.98 each! That is pretty darn good for a set that retails for $24.99. I bought three of them, one for my kids, two to sit on.

Good find! It may not be Star Wars, but the Spongebob sets have done pretty good. I have the very first "Krusty Crab" set from 2006 and it's showing an average value of around $60 for a set that originally cost $20! That "Flying Dutchman" set you found has been going for $30 or so. Hold on to atleast one of those for a while and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of Star Wars though, I also saw Desert Skiff on Clearance for $17.48. That was a pretty good deal too. At the time, I only had enough money to pick up one, but that was better than nothing. Also saw LOTR Uruk-hai Army on clearance for $20.98. Unfortunately, I had no money that day, so I missed out. They had probably 25 of them, but they were gone within days.

Speaking of Star Wars though, I also saw Desert Skiff on Clearance for $17.48. That was a pretty good deal too. At the time, I only had enough money to pick up one, but that was better than nothing. Also saw LOTR Uruk-hai Army on clearance for $20.98. Unfortunately, I had no money that day, so I missed out. They had probably 25 of them, but they were gone within days.

Yeah, that "Uruk-Hai Army" was a nice, well, army builder set in a way. I would have liked to been able to get a couple more, but it was either that or the ones I had managed to get some pretty good deals on. The newer "Desert Skiff" is SO much better than the first one (7104) they did thirteen years ago. A better investment just on aesthetics alone.