Bricklinking the Marina Bay Sands Question

So I am Bricklinking the Marina Bay Sands with the help of a forum member who had the Name Plate element and a cheap United Nations I picked up from BN. I placed three orders from three different sellers and still need 5 elements. Forget about the box and instructions just trying to complete my Arch series for under $100.

So today I get my last two brick link orders and I inventory the pieces and see that I did not get all of the 1x3 plates and none of the 4081 Rare modified 1x1 clip light. I definitely remember ordering the latter as I had to add a third seller to get this part and the olive discs. When I look at the orders on Bricklink the dollar totals match what I paid in paypal. Is there anyway to see the order as I placed it as I do not remember which store I ordered it from and thus who I need to contact.

Once before I had a seller message me that they were sending me used elements in good shape for no charge because he did not have the item new as ordered, but if I ordered the item and the seller did not have it shouldn't they'd have let me know prior to shipping. Or is that in the fine print?

To answer the first part, log into your BL account. Click on the "Orders" folder near the top right of the screen. Then click on "Orders Placed". It should then show your recent orders (I assume you have not left feedback yet?). If so there is a second way to do this using the order # (it would be on the invoice email). You can now verify what you order and such. This should also be in the invoice email. 

Secondly it be up to the seller if they have an issue to inform you of this prior to shipping. My guess is this was an after thought, and they wanted to fix the issue as best as possible. Regardless, you should not be charged for these substituted parts. In a situation like this the seller has to options, 1 tell you they don`t have the parts and refund you (this would be poor customer service given that they allowed you to order them in the first place). They chosen the second option, which was to offer a substitute at no cost to you. If your ok with a couple/few used parts, I`d let it go and be grateful, since they are free (double check this). So no, no fine print that I`m aware of. I`ve had it happen to me like this as a buy more than once, so have many others, people make mistakes, if they fixed it as best as possible and recognized the error, just let it go.  ;)

I think around 1/3 of my BL orders end up having a missing part, people just make mistakes. The better stores will offer to ship out the missing parts, other stores will not want to spend the money on shipping again and will just refund you instead. Which sucks because now you have to order again from elsewhere and pay more shipping, but that's the way it goes.

So I placed two more orders to complete the set for $116. I had planned on building it this weekend and posting pics but one of the orders arrived today and is not mine. It has a lot more parts then I ordered and some neat elements but they will not help me build the MBS. I messaged the seller offered to forward it to whomever it belonged to. I think this is just another reason I prefer to buy New.

• 2 months later...

i ran into a nice eBayer today selling this set w/o the box and manual.  he said a guy in Germany sold him the exclusive MBS printed tile but believed the set to be 100% legit. 

i would be very worried with this set in general from aeller if it didn't include the box and manual.  it's popular in the counterfeit community (like my 10170 sticker sheet from another thread).

i know this post is older but i hope you made out good with authenticate plate(s).  how did it go?  did you take pics?  i would like to see a high resolution picture of a legit one and then compare it to a known reproduced one.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you do not have the original printed tile to compare it with, I think the best way to check the authentic of a printed tile is to compare the font size and font type against a printed tile from another Lego Architecture set (e.***. Eifel Tower), and you can also check the back of the printed tile to check for embossed Lego logo.

Edited by kenchu2000