Huge Lego Haul picked up good deal for $200?

So yesterday I was able to score a maersk train and an Emerald Night both need new stickers if I want them built in original way also maybe a few parts missing, but he threw in a huge tub that had all kinds of lego in it jets, police station pieces, fire station, city transportation set the one that had street car, also old city coner set lots and lots of legos. I'm second guessing the purchase though cuz I have no idea how am gona sort through all this or what to do with it. Good deal for 200 dollars pictures to follow

• Like 4

Assuming it is all Lego and no other random junk and the weight is 30 pounds you should try and identify any large sets that may be present, 8404 is the City set that has the bus, street car, street sweeper, bus station etc and I have sold it several times loose for over $100. The Lego airports and jets also do very well used. If you simply sold the bulk by weight only with no sorting expect $5-$7 per pound. In other words there is way more money to be made by sorting the lot, but it does take time. do you have any of the instructions? Are the mini figs mixed in? Was the $200 just for the bulk or did that price include the trains?

I got everything included for 200 I just went for the trains but he threw in the bin becaue he said most of the pieces missing would be in there that's where all the broken down sets are. I will be sorting it not sure if I wana keep this stuff or sell it and cover the cost of keeping the trains I just wanted the trains.

Sets have figures I'm sure are there no instructions or boxes though. Ill have to determine what I have and sort it out and build the stickers are trash though put on by little kids.

Ok question how do you post pictures now I can't figure it out? By the way using my mobile phone on full sitte though.

In the main navigation bar at the top of the page, click on More, and you'll see Image Hosting as an option. Once the pictures are uploaded, you can link to them in your posts.

In the main navigation bar at the top of the page, click on More, and you'll see Image Hosting as an option. Once the pictures are uploaded, you can link to them in your posts.

Just found this way of doing it see if it works

post-5869-0-16178700-1403374355.jpeg

post-5869-0-92527700-1403374385.jpeg

post-5869-0-33806200-1403374406.jpeg

• Like 3

If you have the patience, the most profitable way is to sort through it all and determine how complete each set is, bricklink the missing parts for mostly complete sets, and then sell them individually once completed.

3180 Airport and 8404 Public Transport if complete will make up for the cost of the lot.

You definitely have part of 8404 due to the blue/white subway part.  Looks like an Octan truck trailer, and also Directv.

lol...I noticed the remote and thought that too. Looks like a decent deal. You should do well if you put in a little time. I like bulk lots like this. They give me something to do in my spare time.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm having my gf work on sorting stuff by color or what looks like it should go together and I will get manuals for what sets I know are there and work on piecing them together. I just felt overwhelmed by how much I got and all I really wanted was an Emerald Night felt lik I shoulda spent the money to get a NIB rather then one that may have some pieces missing uesed stickers and no manuals or box.

Thanks guys. I'm having my gf work on sorting stuff by color or what looks like it should go together and I will get manuals for what sets I know are there and work on piecing them together. I just felt overwhelmed by how much I got and all I really wanted was an Emerald Night felt lik I shoulda spent the money to get a NIB rather then one that may have some pieces missing uesed stickers and no manuals or box.

No need to buy instructions if you don't gave them, they are all on Lego's website among other places. If half of the big sets are complete you will be able to come out well ahead and have two free trains. Or sell the Maersk as well and make a lot and still have a free Emerald Night.

Then get your gf something nice for doing all the sorting.

No need to buy instructions if you don't gave them, they are all on Lego's website among other places. If half of the big sets are complete you will be able to come out well ahead and have two free trains. Or sell the Maersk as well and make a lot and still have a free Emerald Night.

Then get your gf something nice for doing all the sorting.

I was planing on downloading the manuals if they have them. Thanks! I'm like the maersk but it will never fit in with my train layout because I'm building more of a vintage victorian layout. Ill get her something she got a minion set at brickworld suprised her she didn't have money to buy it after buying lego earrings. I know what she's getting for christmas. New winter village set.

I know that feeling!

I've somehow become addicted to buying bulk sets.  I'm now up to about 20 different sets that I'm trying to piece together, from bulk purchases.  I have something like 50 lbs in the garage right now, waiting for me to go through it.

It's tough, it's time consuming.  To a certain degree, it's exhausting.  It takes you away from building.  You wonder if it's worth your time and effort, when you could have just put that $200 into something you could order online, and immediately put into storage.

At the same time, it's somewhat relaxing and gratifying to sit there and sort.  I have my own system on how I do it, and I've gotten pretty quick.  But after spending two weeks sorting about 30 lbs of Lego, I took the last week off so I could just relax.  And I'm itchy to BUILD something, rather than just find pieces and put them into bags until I've got everything.  (Because, it always works out that you're missing at least a few pieces).