Sears Canada 25% of select sets

weakside

Nothing really amazing...some sets are 25% off, good for personal collection/gifts if you need it soon. 

For some reason I like the garbage truck haha.  Trying to find/use some promo codes to make the deal sweeter...if successful I'll post the promo code used. 

Looks like free shipping too if you spend $99, I usually just pick up at store but might risk it and have it delivered.  Buying for personal use/gifts...box condition doesn't really matter unless it's destroyed. 

*decided to just have it shipped to my local Sears store

**used promo code 941612764 to get $15 off...guess there's a purchase limit you have to meet.  There might be better bonus codes out there

***ended up getting 6 Garbage Trucks, $24.99 regular, ended up $16.24 which is like 35% off before taxes, not so bad.  Will make decent gifts for some kids I have in mind and one for personal build with my son. 

Im not sure what it is but I dig the garbage truck too..35% off is decent!

Might have to grab a couple rancour pits I need one for my personal sw collection.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy from sears anymore though lol

The GAGR value on the garbage truck is really good too, surprised me.  Even if it wasn't I just like the look of it.  It's less common than fire trucks and police cars for City.  For my eventual lego street/city I'll need a garbage truck :)  35% off for personal build is good enough for me.  I was tempted a few times at 20% off but decided to hold off. 

What does everyone think about City Park Cafe at this price and using the coupon code above.

Sent from my Unknown using Brickpicker mobile app

I don't have any Friends sets...just a few Pets polybags.  No idea what the market or potential value of this set could be.  I'm sure there's a few sets worth picking up at 35% off if you know what you're targetting.  If it was 50% off than I'll be more relaxed with purchases but 'only' 35%...I don't want to buy sets I have no interest or info on.     

Some of the SW stuff is tempting too but I'm afraid it'll sit in my closet for awhile and the margin to flip won't be that good.  Rancors can be had at my local walmart for $50...still too high imo to buy and hold for investing.  For personal build, it would be a nice price to buy.     

fyi: that $15 off coupon code requires a minimum purchase of $150

I noticed that detail too...didn't want to spend +$150 but tried it anyways on my <$100 order before taxes and still got my extra discount :)  Did you actually try it and proceed to checkout?  It'll let you know right away if the promo worked.  We Canadians are too 'law abiding' lol...sometimes it never hurts to punch some codes in and see if you get lucky.  Worse case it doesn't work. 

If it wasn't for the extra discount I probably wouldn't have bought those garbage trucks.  Sears should have better sales since they are shutting down completely I think...or maybe just some stores for now.    

I noticed that detail too...didn't want to spend +$150 but tried it anyways on my <$100 order before taxes and still got my extra discount :)  Did you actually try it and proceed to checkout?  It'll let you know right away if the promo worked.  We Canadians are too 'law abiding' lol...sometimes it never hurts to punch some codes in and see if you get lucky.  Worse case it doesn't work. 

If it wasn't for the extra discount I probably wouldn't have bought those garbage trucks.  Sears should have better sales since they are shutting down completely I think...or maybe just some stores for now.    

after playing around with the code and my cart, there's actually no minimum amount to get a discount. you just have to keep adding and taking things out of the basket, lol... even though it's not a straight $15, it's approximately an additional 10% off. so i guess that works! :)

for example as a test, i got the friends downtown bakery to $22.86 (from sale price $26.24) and the friends city park cafe to $26.12 (from sale price 29.99), with no minimum purchase. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just as a heads up it looks like Sears.ca got a bunch of the 2014 sets: SW/Super Heroes/City/Ninjago/Chima/Lego Movie.

Currently their usual sets that go on sale for %20-35 off are ... less than desirable one could say. With these new sets though it will be worth to watch for a discount and a coupon code combo again (if/when they ever include the new sets of course).  :danced:

Just as a heads up it looks like Sears.ca got a bunch of the 2014 sets: SW/Super Heroes/City/Ninjago/Chima/Lego Movie.

Currently their usual sets that go on sale for %20-35 off are ... less than desirable one could say. With these new sets though it will be worth to watch for a discount and a coupon code combo again (if/when they ever include the new sets of course).  :danced:

Awesome post Sandwraith. I had all but given up on Sears. Good place to keep an eye on. Now if they just take care of their boxes and not slap those giant stickers on them...sigh