Major Awesomeness at Brickworld Today!

So I got to go to Brickworld in Schaumburg IL today!  Despite my medical issues I packed an oxygen-tank and a wheelchair and my Dad volunteered to push my sorry butt around the displays (which were amazing).

But then I heard Adam Reed Tucker was around somewhere and something clicked in my brain; I had my "Robie House" instruction booklet in my car!  Autograph time!  So I got it and scoured the place for Mr. Tucker only to find out he was out of the convention hall.  After mentioning it to one of the Brickworld "employees" who turned out to be one of the co-owners of the place (his name escapes me, I'll find it, I have to send him a thank you card), he told me he'd call Adam on the phone!  It took several tries but right as I had given up and was leaving, one of the doormen stopped me and said "weren't you looking for Adam Reed Tucker? We found him for you".  Woot!  So I stuck around until he showed up and he autographed my "Robie House" instruction booklet and my Brickworld t-shirt! Awesome! :victory:

Then I mentioned to Adam how he should go check out the 1st edition version of the "John Hancock Building" that a vendor was selling and how it's $100 was a bit much for me.  He paused for a moment and asked me how much I would be willing to pay, and I told him "80 bucks is about what I'd go on it" and he scampered off.  He came back with the Lego set and said "if you have 80 bucks cash he'll sell it to you and I'll sign this for you too".  My heart must have skipped a beat as my dad and I put our final cash together...40 bucks...I was totally deflated.

Then Adam says "give me the 40, I'll cover the rest". :o

If you read this Adam, thank you so much, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.  I love your work, and to meet you totally made my day; hell, it made my week.

-Robert

So I left Brickworld with...

-1st Edition "John Hancock Tower" (in the white box, instead of the now standard black box) sealed in plastic, signed by the great Adam Reed Tucker.

-My "Robie House" instruction booklet signed by Adam Reed Tucker

-Brickworld T-Shirt signed by Adam Reed Tucker

Huzzah!

I also got...

-Several polybags of "Republic Attack Cruiser" set 30053

-A couple polybags of "Star Destroyer" set 30056

Both of these are for my obsession with mini/midi/micro capital starships.  Now I need some of the others and then I can make a battle scene MOC or something.  I'd leave the mini star destroyers out and use the midi version of the star destroyer, then the mini cruisers would probably be fairly set to scale.

Also...

-The new super detailed Boba-Fett minifig with a custom Mandalorian symbol custom printed on a tile.

-Scout-Trooper with custom E-11 blaster-rifle

-Ralph minifigure from "The Simpsons" for my sister, who is sporting a $1.00 lightsaber my Dad thought he should be wielding (my Dad is weird...).

And...

-3 medium sized green baseplates that I use for putting my Lego Architecture Studio houses on.

Phew! Talk about major swaggage!  :prankster:

AND

I got to shake Jason's hand (of The Brick Show/Brickpicker fame)

WHAT A DAY!

• Like 8

If you have any photos of the event, it would be great to see what was going on there.  You really had a great day!

I do!  I have a good one of me and Adam but I'm sitting in a wheelchair with an oxygen tube up my nose so I may not elect to post that one...

I have several others of the amazing sets they had but unfortunately the only camera we had was my Dad's Iphone and he's sort bad with tech and half the photos ended up being very short movies!

Sounds awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. I was also in attendance today first time with my gf. I got the lego holiday train I didn't excpect to walk out with I wanted to find and Emerald Night, but found none. I got the Holiday train cash+trade. Now I have to decide sell it or keep it.

• Like 1