Real Canadian Superstore - Discount and No Tax = 33% off!!!

jeff_14

My weekly flyer shows that select Star Wars and other sets are 20% off this week. On top of that, they are doing a no tax event today and this weekend so those sets would be 33% off (20% discount plus 13% HST). RCS is one of my favourite places to buy because they often have 50% clearance prices so there may be some of those bargains as well.

My weekly flyer shows that select Star Wars and other sets are 20% off this week. On top of that, they are doing a no tax event today and this weekend so those sets would be 33% off (20% discount plus 13% HST). RCS is one of my favourite places to buy because they often have 50% clearance prices so there may be some of those bargains as well.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Hit the motherlode on Friday and just now getting around to talking about it. 

As I'm driving to the RCS I get my weekly PC points email which has personalized offers of bonus points based on my past history. For the first time ever, I get a toy related offer (most of them are food related since RCS is primarily a grocery store). On top of the 20% discount and the 13% no tax, I get $8 in points for every $40 I spend on toys.That's another 20%!!! So I get to the store and pick up a couple of random Star Wars sets worth $80 and figure I'll come out just under $40 total. By chance I see a skid of boxes and lego sets down the aisle waiting to be unloaded. And there they were. 7 Wolverine Chopper sets in pristine condition! I haven't seen this set on a retail shelf anywhere since February. I sold 4 of them recently for between $50 and $75 each. I do the quick mental math as a formality only because there's no question I'm taking them all. I get to the cash and it gets even better. Retail price being $25, they're on CLEARANCE for $11 each!!!! Plus all the above discounts!!! 7 of these gold mines at about $6 each will make me close to a 1000% instant profit at current levels. Best. Score. Ever. (For me).

• Like 3

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Hit the motherlode on Friday and just now getting around to talking about it. 

As I'm driving to the RCS I get my weekly PC points email which has personalized offers of bonus points based on my past history. For the first time ever, I get a toy related offer (most of them are food related since RCS is primarily a grocery store). On top of the 20% discount and the 13% no tax, I get $8 in points for every $40 I spend on toys.That's another 20%!!! So I get to the store and pick up a couple of random Star Wars sets worth $80 and figure I'll come out just under $40 total. By chance I see a skid of boxes and lego sets down the aisle waiting to be unloaded. And there they were. 7 Wolverine Chopper sets in pristine condition! I haven't seen this set on a retail shelf anywhere since February. I sold 4 of them recently for between $50 and $75 each. I do the quick mental math as a formality only because there's no question I'm taking them all. I get to the cash and it gets even better. Retail price being $25, they're on CLEARANCE for $11 each!!!! Plus all the above discounts!!! 7 of these gold mines at about $6 each will make me close to a 1000% instant profit at current levels. Best. Score. Ever. (For me).

Holy crap! Nice score! What location were you at?

Geez, congrats!!  Even at full retail those Choppers would be gold.  I was too lazy to check out my local store so good for you to make the effort and score.

I use my PC mastercard for everything...got a load of points banked, never get any promo's through the mail though...maybe I missed signing up for something.   

I really need to pick up the slack, put some effort in and score a decent Lego deal locally this summer...   

Geez, congrats!!  Even at full retail those Choppers would be gold.  I was too lazy to check out my local store so good for you to make the effort and score.

I use my PC mastercard for everything...got a load of points banked, never get any promo's through the mail though...maybe I missed signing up for something.   

I really need to pick up the slack, put some effort in and score a decent Lego deal locally this summer...   

I also use my PC Mastercard World for everything. The points really add up. You need to sign up for their PC Plus program. Every week you'll get an email of bonus points offers for things your purchase history indicates you like. I'm surprised it took this long to get a toy offer considering how often I buy them at PC stores.

I also use my PC Mastercard World for everything. The points really add up. You need to sign up for their PC Plus program. Every week you'll get an email of bonus points offers for things your purchase history indicates you like. I'm surprised it took this long to get a toy offer considering how often I buy them at PC stores.

I'm on the PC Plus program too...guess I have to sign up for those notifications...but than again I usually click NO for 'junk mail'.  Got +$300 banked so it does add up.  Once in awhile I like to load up a cart of groceries for <$20 :)  Or even better get off my butt and use it for Lego sales/clearance.  Maybe use some pts towards a PS4 or some electronic toy. 

Damn I`m jealous Jeff, that`s incredible!!! My location has been doing renovations for over 6 months now and the toy isle is long gone. Got a few deals, but nothing anywhere near that. I`m speechless, especially for Canada. Congrats!

What location is that, just so I don't waste time going to it for now. I'm sure once the renos are done it will be back. Every RCS I've ever been in has a toy section.