First lego buy for investment

My first buy for resell was one of the modulars. I think it was either Pet shop or Grand Emporium. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the modulars as long as you buy at a discount and keep them for awhile after they are discontinued..

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

First new set was a Market Street at a garage sale (got her to sell it to me before her sale started as I was buying used lego from her anyway) for $75.  It was that moment right there that I realized that new lego sets hold serious money.

First sets I bought with no intention of quick-flipping were 2 Grand Emporiums. I have a couple of Live Stars I got just before the no-discounts policy went into effect which are at this point long term investments, even though I wasn't thinking of them as such when I bought them over a year ago. *Sigh*. 

(It only took a year, but I'm finally at the point where I'm actually investing...next thing you know, I'll be making snide remarks about quick-flipping low lifes LOL)

Edited by stoltzjl77
  • Like 2

My very first was sopwith camel found on craiglist got him down to 50 dollars NIB because I bought a Fire Brigade off of him for 235. My second investments 2 Grand Emporiums and now my gfs closet is full of large boxes mostly HH.