Lego Ghostbusters 21108 Ecto-1 Link

ufema

Very nice! I think you'll gain popularity by doing very new sets, before other reviewers get to them. 

So only 3 of the 4 Ghostbusters fit into the car? I'm a bit disappointed, LEGO!

Any reason for getting rid of the "clicks" in the video? I actually quite liked them. :P

Also, congratulations on your success!! I just took a glance at your channel, and you've got 18k+ views on your 60051 review, and 13k+ on the 60052 review! Great job!

Awesome! I continue to love each and every one of your videos. Keep them coming! 

So only 3 of the 4 Ghostbusters fit into the car? I'm a bit disappointed, LEGO!

Any reason for getting rid of the "clicks" in the video? I actually quite liked them. :P

Makes sense given the size, but it`s a bit disappointing. Same with the Delorean, only 1 figure. I wonder seems to think they can do this and it`s "ok"? Still, looks great, but it`s a detail you`de think in terms of playability would be important.  

4 figures can fit but the 4th has to be stretched out in the rear part. With the 3th looking to a computer, it looks like the 4th is wounded and his partner trying to look after him. After all, the ecto-1 was an ambulance, no ? :)

I don't remember if there were a scene in the movie in which one hero is shocked and his partners have to look after him.

note: maybe the 4th can be Dan Aykroyd or Harold Ramis, and put him onto the ladder, looking for scientific stuff on the top of the car.

And because the Harlod Ramis minifig is fantastic, I would certainly put him on it for display.

I would not hide any of the figures inside the car. They 100% need to be displayed. They are simply fantastic. LOVE them LOVE them LOVE them.  :clapping: and love the car. What a beautiful thing. I order mine from Tesco store for click and collect. Put it in the trolley and walked around doing some shopping. There was quite a few guys looking in the trolley. I bet they were thinking where the hell did he get that from and heading for the toy section looking for one. They would be disappointed as the B&M stores more than likely won't be stocking them.

I notice the frustration within most of the comments on the video being about the amount of figures that can fit in the vehicle.  I completely agree.  If they can fit 2 mini-figures side by side in the "simpson car" they would be able to figure out a way to have done it in the ecto-1.  I takes away from the playability.  They could have even made more room in the back to fit all four backpacks.  It only had to be deeper.

What? No Ghostbusters remix playing in the background? Just pullin' your leg. Another nice build review, ufema. I noticed you took out the grinding sound effects that go with your channel logo.

Unfortunately after 100 views I took it down and reposted it to include the sound effects.  It was an editing accident.  Thank you for the post.  

Well, as suggested by LEGO themselves, you can just simply lie Winston in the back of the car while the others sit up front.

No room for backpacks.  The display value is at the top, but playability gets an all time low for reasons of not being able to fit all four mini-figures and they should have included a ghost.  I guess you can pull any of the monster fighter sets, but c'mon, what about slimer.

No room for backpacks.  The display value is at the top, but playability gets an all time low for reasons of not being able to fit all four mini-figures and they should have included a ghost.  I guess you can pull any of the monster fighter sets, but c'mon, what about slimer.

exactly pretty much what will be included in my building 21108 thread :)  playability is sub-par.  the tester for my opinion is my son :)

Ufema, Jaisonline, and anyone else who has built the set, do you think the Ecto-1 makes up in display quality what it lacks in playability? Also, Delorean or Ecto-1 to build? (I have a hunch on this one  :shifty:)

Yes to your first question.  The display of the Ecto-1 makes for a great conversation piece.  For playability I'd go for the Delorean.  The build comes with instructions for all three movies.  And, of course a time machine can be used with all sets (castle, city, space, etc).

I would not hide any of the figures inside the car. They 100% need to be displayed. They are simply fantastic. LOVE them LOVE them LOVE them.  :clapping: and love the car. What a beautiful thing. I order mine from Tesco store for click and collect. Put it in the trolley and walked around doing some shopping. There was quite a few guys looking in the trolley. I bet they were thinking where the hell did he get that from and heading for the toy section looking for one. They would be disappointed as the B&M stores more than likely won't be stocking them.

Does anyone see any other places selling them other than Lego.com? I was hoping to see these on amazon prime to avoid tax and shipping...

Guest brickcrazyhouse

ok here's a question for those who have already built this already. how many studs long is the ecto-1? I've found it's 8 wide but can't find out how long