Hello from North Carolina!

Hi everybody, I've been reading this site for a few months and decided I should probably go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Gabe and I remember being an avid lego fan as a kid but then like so many people, I lost interest for a while and entered my "dark age" as I've read the term. Anyway, now that I'm gainfully employed and have some disposable income I've decided to get back to my childhood interest in Legos. After doing some research online, I realized that Legos are not only fun to play with but seem to be a great investment option as well! This is the primary site I check daily and I love the information here. I actually still have some complete Pirates sets from the late 1980s sitting at home but unfortunately I don't think they are worth much these days. Anyway, I do have some questions as a newbie and would love some advice. I really like the Star Wars UCS series. I missed out on a lot of the sets since I wasn't collecting when they first came out. Do you guys think it's worth it to try to get some of the EOL sets like the 10174 or 10175 before they get too pricey. I'm actually considering some of those sets as investments but I'm not sure if I've already missed the boat from an investment standpoint so I was thinking maybe I'll just buy some used ones to build only? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts? Thanks!