US sellers shipping to shipto.com. Your thoughts?

I did a forum search on this topic and found around 6 threads.  All were read and it seems like Gollum uses shipto.com.  Anyway...

I have a buyer from bricklink purchase 6 sets from me (nice $ amount) and used shipto.com's "11407 SW Amu St., Tualatin, OR 97062" address with his unique "H" ID.

Any of my fellow US sellers ever encounter problems with shipping (what seems to be an international order) to this forwarding company as long as the paypal address is verified / confirmed?  I'm about to invoice this buyer now using paypal.

:D

Saw this this morning, Jais, but don't know this particular freight forwarding company.

In general, I have had nothing but good experiences with freight forwarders - some want a number on the outside of the package, or a packing slip inside, or for you to upload tracking to a website, etc., but all very minor things easy to accommodate.

Provided you use delivery (or signature if over I think $750 now) confirmation, you're eligible for PP seller protection same as any other transaction.

I did a forum search on this topic and found around 6 threads.  All were read and it seems like Gollum uses shipto.com.  Anyway...

Who is this "Gollum" you speak of...?  :D

I have used shipitto a few times.  Their service has been excellent each time and had no hassles.  Pricey though as a buyer so I don't tend to use if if I don't have to and plus many US retailers have banned shipping to freight forward company address for various reasons.  They do that by the address but as well as trying to make non-US people have a credit card billing address that is US based as well which is a bit trickier.

I've always had the stance that the original seller has responsibility to ship in good condition to the freight forwarder and that's it.  After that it's out of their hands.  Shipitto provide photos of the shipment as it arrives at their warehouse so the buyer can inspect them.  If there looks to be damage they can ask for the goods to be shipped back to the supplier or be open for further inspection (think it has a fee for that though).  If you have doubts you could always ask the buyer for those photos or at least make it clear that shipping from you to the warehouse is all the responsibility that you are obligated for.

• Like 1

Who is this "Gollum" you speak of...? :D

I have used shipitto a few times. Their service has been excellent each time and had no hassles. Pricey though as a buyer so I don't tend to use if if I don't have to and plus many US retailers have banned shipping to freight forward company address for various reasons. They do that by the address but as well as trying to make non-US people have a credit card billing address that is US based as well which is a bit trickier.

I've always had the stance that the original seller has responsibility to ship in good condition to the freight forwarder and that's it. After that it's out of their hands. Shipitto provide photos of the shipment as it arrives at their warehouse so the buyer can inspect them. If there looks to be damage they can ask for the goods to be shipped back to the supplier or be open for further inspection (think it has a fee for that though). If you have doubts you could always ask the buyer for those photos or at least make it clear that shipping from you to the warehouse is all the responsibility that you are obligated for.

I think he meant "Grolim"

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker