6868 - Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

Picked up a New Hulk Carrier 6868 for $50 bucks. Thing is that the box is open and in terrible shape. All 3 bags are there and sealed. Instructions, comic and stickers are all there.

Box got tape all around it and is torn. Do I source a new box or keep it as it is? Was thinking about a quick flip, but might end up keeping it in my Personal collection and selling it off later. What do you think?

You would have done excellent for personal collection.

Investment-wise, I would have passed to invest elsewhere, but you will still easily make some money.  I just think this set has been close to peaking already. Maybe another $20 or so in a year or 2 but who knows. The purple pants hulk hurt the long-term potential of this set. 

I prefer the new "Lab Smash" set so, be careful.

The big difference is that the Hulk Helicarrier is linked to the Avengers Movie, by the time the sequel comes out I expect the movie sets to be fetching a real premium. Super Heroes movies are big business and the Avengers are a massive draw for Marvel. The movie received great reviews and will stand the test of time. I'm pretty convinced that all the Avengers (movie) sets will see original Lego Batman style returns a few years from now.

My advice would be to keep a handful of those Hulk Helicarriers, Lokis Cosmic Cubes, Avenging Cycles and Quinjets, stick them away in the loft for five/six years and let them accrue in value. I'm convinced these will be big winners.