Hello to all

I am new here and at that bussiness, i found it fascinate for me and learn a lot those days. Please advise, if somebody knows, since there are huge difference on prices between bricklink set and parts compare to Ebay, why so many people still buy at Ebay and pay much higher prices ? How is it, that on all online stores for instance 6858 price is arround 12.99$ and the same and new on bricklink sell on 0.95$ ? Thanks a lot ! Yuval

I am new here and at that bussiness, i found it fascinate for me and learn a lot those days.

Please advise, if somebody knows, since there are huge difference on prices between bricklink set and parts compare to Ebay, why so many people still buy at Ebay and pay much higher prices ?

How is it, that on all online stores for instance 6858 price is arround 12.99$ and the same and new on bricklink sell on 0.95$ ?

Thanks a lot !

Yuval

Hello Yuval and welcome to the site...

I did a little research on Bricklink for set 6858 and found the listing you were talking about I believe(or one very similar to it):

(Original Box) for Set 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase

All Store Items: Original Boxes: Super Heroes: Batman II: 6858-1 Qty: 1

Each: GBP 0.60

(~US $0.95)

That price is just for the 'BOX," no pieces or mini figures are involved. Here is a Bricklink listing for a new complete set(cheapest):

New

Sealed 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase Perfect Mint Condition Sealed Box

All Store Items: Sets: Super Heroes: Batman II: 6858-1 Qty: 3

Each: US $13.75

As you can see, I think you misread the listing on Bricklink. The first several pages are just boxes and instructions for sale, not the actual sets. In my experience, EBAY is usually cheaper than Bricklink on most sets. Bricklink is an excellent source for individual LEGO bricks and you can find a deal on LEGO sets once in awhile, but EBAY is consistently lower in price in my opinion. Amazon.com and LEGO.com are also a good places to buy new LEGO sets at a fair price.

Here is an Amazon.com listing with FREE shipping if you are an Amazon 'Prime" member:

$12.99 Amazon 6858 Listing

Here is an $9.99 auction for set the Catwoman Catcycle Chase(It can go up in price) on EBAY:

6858 EBAY Auction

Here is the actual LEGO.com listing at $12.99:

$12.99 LEGO.com listing for 6858

So as you can see, at the moment, all the sites(including Bricklink), are at around $13.00 for a 'new' 6858. For brand new sets, Amazon.com and LEGO.com are fairly priced. Bricklink is good for buying bulk LEGO bricks and EBAY is generally the cheapest(if you can find the right deal). I hope this helps you out and answers your question.

Once again, welcome to the site and feel free to ask some more questions. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick reply ! I really thank you cause i did not understand and thought its full set and not only the box ! Now it make sense to me regarding the prices. I can see about the 6858 set that the prices are range and go high to 30$-40$ a set, if it so simple to see the search result why should anyone pay those prices ? I am sorry for the basic questions but i think i have to understand first.(i know that few put worldwide free shipping but most of them did not do it). Thanks, Yuval

Thank you for your quick reply !

I really thank you cause i did not understand and thought its full set and not only the box !

Now it make sense to me regarding the prices.

I can see about the 6858 set that the prices are range and go high to 30$-40$ a set, if it so simple to see the search result why should anyone pay those prices ?

I am sorry for the basic questions but i think i have to understand first.(i know that few put worldwide free shipping but most of them did not do it).

Thanks,

Yuval

I would just be patient and wait to but a new set like 6858. It just came out, so people charge more for this set at the start, then the prices usually drop. You will be able to find deals on sets like this on EBAY and Toysrus.com in the future. Later this summer and into the fall is usually a good time to but LEGO sets. The next years line is starting to come out and a lot of stores are discounting older sets. I've seen this happen many times in the past. Good luck.

I would just be patient and wait to but a new set like 6858. It just came out, so people charge more for this set at the start, then the prices usually drop. You will be able to find deals on sets like this on EBAY and Toysrus.com in the future. Later this summer and into the fall is usually a good time to but LEGO sets. The next years line is starting to come out and a lot of stores are discounting older sets. I've seen this happen many times in the past. Good luck.I agree with this. Wait for clearance deals later in the season. Save your money now to buy better deals later.

• 6 months later...

Long time Lego fan here, I have a 3 year old who is mad about Lego.

That means I'm always building something new.

I also have a 11 month old who I'm sure will also be into Lego.

Great to be here, I'm really enjoying the site so far.

Regards Alpha.

Welcome to the site...I also have a 3 year old that likes to destroy LEGO sets, instead of building them. ;-)

Long time Lego fan here, I have a 3 year old who is mad about Lego.

That means I'm always building something new.

I also have a 11 month old who I'm sure will also be into Lego.

Great to be here, I'm really enjoying the site so far.

Regards Alpha.

I hope when the day comes that I have kids they are crazy about legos as well! Welcome and happy Lego investing!