HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR LEGO COLLECTION?

After reading Mos Eisley's excellent article "LEGO Storage Wars" back in July when I joined Brickpicker and after seeing Ed Mack's Lego stacked office on the USA Today video I thought it would be nice to start a thread where brickpicker members can upload pictures and videos of how they successfully store there Lego collections. This will help others and new investors get new ideas and gain knowledge of how to properly store Lego whether they are just starting out or have been collecting for years. I will try to have some pics of my collection up soon. Everyone is welcome to upload photos of their collections and comment on them anytime!

We have 20 industrial (gorilla) shelves in our warehouse. The smaller sets are stored standing up on end with barcodes down, and the larger sets are standing up on the top shelf with only a few laid down on top to steady the stack. We make sure we don't put too much pressure on the bottom sets. Warehouse is kind of wreck right now as we reload the shelves after Christmas. It will look better next week.

• 1 month later...

I think they are a common shelf that you can find at several retailers. I purchased mine from Lowe's.

Style Selections Shelving

I then bought some 1/4" plywood and had it cut at Lowe's to fit each shelf. This way I could keep the Lego boxes off of the wire shelving to keep it from denting the boxes. I can't remember, but I think I got 4-5 pieces out of each 4' x 8' piece of plywood.