66474 Chima 2 in 1 combo pack for $44, Yay or Nay?

I found a bunch of these on clearance and, while I generally avoid Chima like the plague, 70% off is hard to pass up. The combo pack consists of Worriz Combat Lair ($69.99 MSRP) and Laval's Royal Fighter ($39.99 MSRP).  9 Minifigs and a piece count of 1067.  My kids, nieces and nephews have no interest in Chima.

Even with tax, you would be paying a little more than retail for the single $40 set which practically makes the $70 one almost free. These would have to bomb so badly as an investment to make a deal like this not worth it which I couldn't even fathom. Worst case scenario you end up selling either set around retail unless you had to sell them together as a bundle due to the box. I don't know how these bundle cases are setup to be honest.

• Like 1

Even with tax, you would be paying a little more than retail for the single $40 set which practically makes the $70 one almost free. These would have to bomb so badly as an investment to make a deal like this not worth it which I couldn't even fathom. Worst case scenario you end up selling either set around retail unless you had to sell them together as a bundle due to the box. I don't know how these bundle cases are setup to be honest.

Thanks for the feedback.  I believe they are the same as Star Wars combo packs.  I got a few of those and all had mint regular boxes inside.

I picked up two last weekend for $35 with $10 off $50 coupons. I opened one up almost the same as the SW set except there is a small 2x20 cardboard spacer inserted to keep the smaller set from moving. The individual sets are the same as what is on the shelf with the same SKU Incase you give the smaller set as a gift and they want to return it.

The empty combo box is a keeper great for poly bags or whatever. I would get more of these now that brown is 70% off but my TRU is out