Late 70's Fabuland and...............?

electrichead

Question

7 answers to this question

Other than Fabuland, it looks like a combination of Duplo, normal LEGO but it's custom stuff for the pre-built things from what I can tell, and from the first picture, I may be completely off on this, but the yellow lid with a string on it may be the lid for a slender container that would contain all the western animals. I bought these animals figure packs as a kid and that's what it reminds me of.

Western stuff and animals (brown horses, cows...) are from Playmobil.

Figs are Playmobil too, of course (you don't have playmobils in the US to figure out by yourself ? In my country they are as populars as legos among parents, because it's far less expensive)

you don't have playmobils in the US to figure out by yourself ? In my country they are as populars as legos among parents, because it's far less expensive

We do but they aren't generally available in every retail store. When I was a child, the only place that had any was a hobby store a long way from my house so I seldom had the chance of taking a small road trip there except for once in a blue moon. Moving along to some years ago, my Target did carry a good selection of Playmobil but shortly afterwards by the following year, they stopped stocking up on them altogether. The only way I could purchase any now would be from an online source. Other than that, I recently discovered my nearby Five Below received a shipment of Playmobil's answer to Lego

Thanks for the responses. I was having mental block on that Playmobil stuff. I knew I recognized it but couldn't remember the name. Now I feel dumb.

Being as a few of you are familiar, are the 70's era Playmobil sets/figures of any value? This is a box a friend was cleaning out of her parents house and she is trying to figure out if it is worth researching deeeper or if she should just give them away. My wife outed me as "an obsessed lego collector who knows more about this stuff than a grown man should" and I want to lead her in the right direction. You only really see it in specialty toy/hobby shops around here.

the 6 x 16 blue plate is worth a few bucks to vintage space collectors. Fabuland has gone out of interest the last couple of years with more sets now available aimed at very youung builders and the prices have been on the decline. if you use this site http://www.brickfactory.info/theme/index.html select fabuland 1 & 2 from the drop down menu, it will help you see what you have and identify sets and what parts are lego, umbrellas etc. You have parts from the larger sets, i would group all the special fabuland pieces togethers including the figures and any thick baseplates, don't worry about standard lego bricks, give it a good clean and sell it as a bulk loose lot, selling the figures seperate may be worth it. I have got as much as