In typical fashion as we approach the end of the year, LEGO has officially unveiled the next in it's line of Creator Modular Buildings - The Corner Garage. The set will retail for $199.99 (US) and will be available beginning January 1, exclusively at LEGO Shop at Home. No doubt it will be available elsewhere starting 2nd Quarter 2019. The set will contain 2,569 pieces. The set fits resembles a 1950s era Service Garage and Gas Station, and fits in very well with the 1950's Downtown Diner (10260) released January 1, 2018.
LEGO's press release:
LEGO 10264 Corner Garage
Ages 16+. 2,569 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE 179.99€ – UK £159.99 – FR 189.99€ – DK 1,499DKK – AU 299.99
Discover surprises on all levels at the Corner Garage!
Drop by the LEGO Creator Expert 10264 Corner Garage, where you’ll discover a world of fun and surprises! This amazing model comes with removable building sections for easy access to the highly detailed interior and comprises 3 stories. On the ground level there’s a 1950s-style gas station with fuel pump, kiosk and a vehicle workshop complete with a roll-up door, vehicle lift and tire mounter. At the mid-level animal clinic you’ll find an examination table, fish tank, and a waiting area with sofa, while on the upper level you’ll discover a well-equipped apartment with kitchen, TV, sofa, bed and a staircase that leads to a rooftop terrace with sun lounger, parasol and flower garden. The exterior of the building features a classic 1950s facade with signage, detailed windows and a decorative roofline, plus a sidewalk area with a tree and an ornate streetlamp. This charming addition to the Modular Buildings series has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience, full of nostalgia. Also includes a scooter, tow truck and 6 minifigures, plus parrot, bunny, dog, frog and fish figures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: gas station owner, mechanic, vet, woman, man and a girl, plus bunny, parrot, dog, frog and fish figures.
- The 3-level Corner Garage advanced building set comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed 1950s-style facade with gas station signage, windows, bay windows, arched doorway, roll-up vehicle workshop door, decorative roofline and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk area with tree and ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a tow truck and a scooter.
- Ground level features a gas station with a bucket and a fuel pump with a flexible hose, plus a kiosk and a vehicle workshop for car service and repairs, featuring a cash register, tool rack and trolley, oil drum, tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Mid-level animal clinic features an examination table, parrot perch, fish tank and a waiting area with sofa, armchair, table and flowerpot, plus the animal doctor’s desk lamp, microscope, mug, newspaper, envelope, scissors and syringe.
- Upper-level apartment features a well-equipped kitchen with cookies baking in the oven, sink, pan, mug, salt and pepper, spoon and spatula, plus a sofa, bed, an old-fashioned TV, and a bathroom with toilet.
- Rooftop terrace features a sun lounger, parasol and flower garden.
- Tow truck features a working hoist.
- Accessory elements include a window squeegee and a crash helmet.
- Help the gas station assistant fill up the 1950s-style scooter.
- Roll up the door to access Jo’s vehicle workshop, complete with tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Remove the modular building sections to access the detailed interior.
- New-for-January-2019 decorated elements include an animal clinic window, service station sign and a printed octane gas pump.
- Special elements include new-for-January-2019 black ice skates, 2x6x2 window in sand blue, 1×1 medium gray roof tiles, 1×1 angle plate in dark blue and rare dark-orange elements in various shapes and sizes.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Building 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10255 Assembly Square and 10260 Downtown Diner.
- This set includes over 2,560 pieces.
- Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 10” (26cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
- Tow truck measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com starting January 1, 2019.
On the investment front, there could be as many as six Modular Building available at the same time:
- 10264 - Corner Garage
- 10260 - Downtown Diner
- 10255 - Assembly Square
- 10251 - Brick Bank
- 10246 - Detective's Office
- 10243 - Parisian Restaurant
A savvy individual would note that some of those have been going in-and-out of stock (most notably Brick Bank, that was on sale over Black Friday weekend). Also telling is that both the Corner Garage and the Brick Bank are corner buildings.
Keep an eye out for this set, coming January 1, 2019. Pictures below.
Discuss the Corner Garage here:
Edited by Alpinemaps
There are no comments to display.