LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 1 year later...

Hi folks, 

After ~8+ years, I'm a tad concerned about my LEGO account. 

They seem to be declining my credit cards, despite the accounts having money. I have 3 cards with one bank, all 3 are being declined. The cards seem to be fine with other retailers. 

I have one card with another bank which goes through fine at this stage. 

I called LEGO and they couldn't figure out what was going on, and said I should talk to my bank. They didn't see any red flags. Could this be the point where LEGO puts down the hammer? Have placed ~25 orders in the last week or two, but always within limits.

Keen to know if others have been through similar?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, MrSam said:

Hi folks, 

They seem to be declining my credit cards, despite the accounts having money. I have 3 cards with one bank, all 3 are being declined. The cards seem to be fine with other retailers. 

I called LEGO and they couldn't figure out what was going on, and said I should talk to my bank. They didn't see any red flags. Could this be the point where LEGO puts down the hammer? Have placed ~25 orders in the last week or two, but always within limits.

it's weird that the retailer rarely flat out tells you you're banned

it's like the 'ol..."it's not you it's me..", in this case, "it's not us, it's your credit card company"

euphemisms like that just puts folks in denial 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, MrSam said:

Hi folks, 

That's Wal-Mart'ish ban dialog. 

6 hours ago, MrSam said:

Hi folks, 

For me, lately when checking out my credit card works 1 in maybe 10 orders. Never used to have issues. But PayPal always seems to work. 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, MrSam said:

Hi folks, 

I’ve bought near $20 grand worth of sets from LEGO over a few years and blown the limit heaps of  times. They just cancel it and annoyingly , hang onto my money for a week. Your not banned, it’s your card.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrSam said:

Hi folks, 

And most importantly....what did you buy?   :)

7 hours ago, Banjoman said:

And most importantly....what did you buy?   :)

Lol. All sorts. Let's just say I was inspired by the new retiring soon list + free gingerbread house + 5% VIP + 7% cashback 😉

22 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's weird that the retailer rarely flat out tells you you're banned

it's like the 'ol..."it's not you it's me..", in this case, "it's not us, it's your credit card company"

euphemisms like that just puts folks in denial 

13 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I’ve bought near $20 grand worth of sets from LEGO over a few years and blown the limit heaps of  times. They just cancel it and annoyingly , hang onto my money for a week. Your not banned, it’s your card.

Interesting, thanks guys. Will keep an eye on things and see how they play out. Might be worth getting a new card number and seeing what happens. 

Edited by MrSam

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Does anyone know if Walmart.com bans accounts that place several orders of 2 of the same set?  

There are many posts on this site where people say they get their orders cancelled for just that.  It seems the bans are not permanent, but you do get taken out of the game for a bit.  Generally what I gather is to buy no more than two (the most allowed) in a day.  But you don't want a bunch of orders piling up in "pending" status either.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Does anyone know if Walmart.com bans accounts that place several orders of 2 of the same set?  

Not in my experience.  Before they imposed the quantity limits, they were putting a soft ban on some accounts that cancelled most orders placed on the account, but that seems to have gone away with the quantity limits.

• Like 2

seems like walmart is slower to respond to increase their supply based on the demand for LEGO when it comes to quantity limits.  You notice this also with how much lego they currently stock.  My purchase at walmart have dropped dramatically compared to prior years.

24 minutes ago, joch29 said:

seems like walmart is slower to respond to increase their supply based on the demand for LEGO when it comes to quantity limits.  You notice this also with how much lego they currently stock.  My purchase at walmart have dropped dramatically compared to prior years.

Is it slow or is it smart?  If the objective is to prevent resellers from buying from them, then it seems to be working.

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Is it slow or is it smart?  If the objective is to prevent resellers from buying from them, then it seems to be working.

LOL... I doubt it. I might consider that if they had more selection to pick from. Regardless, that's a poor business strategy. I think that the person/ team at walmart that's doing the toy purchasing is doing a poor job compared to target and amazon. Somebody is not looking at the data.

Edited by joch29

3 minutes ago, joch29 said:

LOL... I doubt it. I might consider that if they had more selection to pick from. Regardless, that's a poor business strategy. I think that the person/ team at walmart that's doing the toy purchasing is doing a poor job compared to target and amazon. Somebody is not looking at the data.

I thought Target has a ban list too ?  Somebody upthread said they were banned by Target.com for purchasing too much LEGO

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I thought Target has a ban list too ?  Somebody upthread said they were banned by Target.com for purchasing too much LEGO

That's kinda my point.  many of us are buying and chancing it with Target and they continue to have more selections and quantity. Walmart on the other hand, why bother, seems like a hard limit over a certain short period of time and the selection remains limited. Look at 75214 for example.  it's been OOS everywhere except target. It was then posted here and the number of sellers have grown to 150+.   And yet target still has them in stock. That's just 1 example.  Data is vital in making decisions.

Edited by joch29

6 hours ago, joch29 said:

That's kinda my point.  many of us are buying and chancing it with Target and they continue to have more selections and quantity. Walmart on the other hand, why bother, seems like a hard limit over a certain short period of time and the selection remains limited. Look at 75214 for example.  it's been OOS everywhere except target. It was then posted here and the number of sellers have grown to 150+.   And yet target still has them in stock. That's just 1 example.  Data is vital in making decisions.

Last Month it was Target. This month I've been getting sets mainly from Walmart (online..not arm sweep kind)...they even have the most rare non-retired set (Pirate Barracuda Bay) currently at RRP...when it comes to saught after sets...I think some retailers do better than others but they seem to alternate availability and best pricing.  I'd hate to be just Target, or Just Walmart, or Just Amazon...access to all three provides the best chances at sets at the best prices. SAH is also a main source but for specific circumstances.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

4 hours ago, Belac said:

I'm Probably not banned but vip and account are glitching and not loading currently.  Maybe an update or something.?.

Edit:Whole site down for update now.

probably just preparing for Christmas in July.  And I thought just the Hallmark Channel did that 🤪

• 1 month later...