LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

tried to buy the tree of creativity and dinosaurs from UK with forward2me, and instead got banned from LEGO :(

I got this

Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for your interest in LEGO® bricks.
As you know, we offer a service where fans can request replacement LEGO bricks. After reviewing your account history and the parts requests you’ve made over time, we’ve decided to no longer offer this service to you. As a result, we’ve cancelled your order.
We don’t take these types of decisions lightly and we take great care to run extensive checks. However, once we’ve decided not to accept any further orders from an account, that decision is final.
You can still buy LEGO bricks and sets elsewhere, but orders placed through LEGO.com, for both LEGO® Shop and replacement parts, online or over the phone will be automatically cancelled from this point on.

Kind regards,
LEGO® Customer Service

I'm like, WHAT THE HECK. I have NEVER done anything suspicious on LEGO. Now I gotta go talk to a CS rep on Monday. (sigh)

EDIT: are they banning me from the free pieces service(which I have NEVER used) or from normal sets. Because technically I am ALREADY banned from LEGO for free parts, because I did something, I honestly don't remember what but I know it was trivial, and they banned me. However, that was like 3 years ago, so maybe they unbanned me(never told me) and and now banning me again. Thoughts?

Edited by Saruman
I forgot to add something

13 hours ago, Saruman said:

so maybe they unbanned me(never told me) and and now banning me again. Thoughts?

Around a week ago Customer Service unbanned everybody. No notifications went out but LEGO Ambassadors were informed so they could share the news with their communities. 

19 hours ago, Saruman said:

tried to buy the tree of creativity and dinosaurs from UK with forward2me, and instead got banned from LEGO :(

I got this

Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for your interest in LEGO® bricks.
As you know, we offer a service where fans can request replacement LEGO bricks. After reviewing your account history and the parts requests you’ve made over time, we’ve decided to no longer offer this service to you. As a result, we’ve cancelled your order.
We don’t take these types of decisions lightly and we take great care to run extensive checks. However, once we’ve decided not to accept any further orders from an account, that decision is final.
You can still buy LEGO bricks and sets elsewhere, but orders placed through LEGO.com, for both LEGO® Shop and replacement parts, online or over the phone will be automatically cancelled from this point on.

Kind regards,
LEGO® Customer Service

I'm like, WHAT THE HECK. I have NEVER done anything suspicious on LEGO. Now I gotta go talk to a CS rep on Monday. (sigh)

EDIT: are they banning me from the free pieces service(which I have NEVER used) or from normal sets. Because technically I am ALREADY banned from LEGO for free parts, because I did something, I honestly don't remember what but I know it was trivial, and they banned me. However, that was like 3 years ago, so maybe they unbanned me(never told me) and and now banning me again. Thoughts?

I wouldn't suggest spending (wasting) too much time trying to resolve things with a cs rep - but good luck.

20 hours ago, Saruman said:

EDIT: are they banning me from the free pieces service(which I have NEVER used) or from normal sets. Because technically I am ALREADY banned from LEGO for free parts, because I did something, I honestly don't remember what but I know it was trivial, and they banned me.

Sounds like you are saying that they previously banned you for something that you NEVER used, but at the same time, it is something that you did (but don't actually remember)?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saruman said:

Are you a member of your local LUG?  If so and you can get the ambassador to vouch for you, there might be a path to get unblocked that way.  The AFOL Engagement Team can at least look into it.   They may not be able to un-ban you but, its your best shot to have someone review it.

20 hours ago, KShine said:

Sounds like you are saying that they previously banned you for something that you NEVER used, but at the same time, it is something that you did (but don't actually remember)?

No I never used the free parts. I think LEGO just uses the same email to ban everyone regardless of HOW you got banned. I sent an email to CS and hope to hear back in 10 days.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

Is anyone banned from target? If so what type of order consistency or qtys did it take to get banned?

Yes.  I got sloppy one morning last year and put an order through for around $16k.  Everything after that was cancelled.  Before then, the highest order I'd placed was probably somewhere in the $8k range and never had a problem.  

• Like 2

Yes.  I got sloppy one morning last year and put an order through for around $16k.  Everything after that was cancelled.  Before then, the highest order I'd placed was probably somewhere in the $8k range and never had a problem.  

Right on thx!! How long did it take for you to get unbanned?

20 minutes ago, redcell said:

Dang!! I've spent just over a grand at Target in the past month and I was worried... but my spending pales in comparison!

Edited by RightDwigt

10 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Dang!! I've spent just over a grand at Target in the past month and I was worried... but my spending pales in comparison!

I wouldn't worry about it for a minute if I were you and you're placing orders in that range.  Before 2019, I was routinely placing orders for $1k-$5k with no problem.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, stuco191 said:

Is anyone banned from target? If so what type of order consistency or qtys did it take to get banned?

Yeah hard banned. Ridiculous sums spent every month. Easy to get around just get creative. Not sure it is worth the hassle though just stay above board and pay full retail and you will still do well these days. Free money is everywhere and people are spending it like it is going out of style (which it is). 

• Like 2