LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 7 years later...

When they are banning people are they looking at your in store purchases in addition to your online purchases?

I really don't think anyone is looking at anything.  There really is no identifier of exactly what is happening.  Just don't be careless and purchase 40 of these and 60 of those, etc.

• Like 1

What qty is considered safe? 5-10?

Nobody knows for certain and TLG isn't going to tell you. Some folks get away with ordering much more.

Basically, use your best judgment and don't get too hung up on it - a ban from TLG is, at the very worst, an inconvenience. There are generally much easier and often cheaper places to buy most sets.

I just got banned today. they said I had a store in Brickowl.

So... Now I dont know if they just ban my vip account?

Or how they going to ban me?

By my address? by my name?

You can't use your current VIP account, they won't ship to your banned mailing address. In the event you decide to work around the ban and use someone else's address etc., don't set up your new VIP account name to match an online selling i.d. name. Also keep in mind there's nothing they can do about you spending cash or an unknown-to-them credit card in their retail stores and not using a VIP account. TLG bans are not a legal status, simply a store policy that you can circumvent and/or ignore as your own personal ethics dictate.

However, good news for Brickowl: They've become enough of a name that TLG is starting to hunt down their sellers!  :rofl:

You can't use your current VIP account, they won't ship to your banned mailing address. In the event you decide to work around the ban and use someone else's address etc., don't set up your new VIP account name to match an online selling i.d. name. Also keep in mind there's nothing they can do about you spending cash or an unknown-to-them credit card in their retail stores and not using a VIP account. TLG bans are not a legal status, simply a store policy that you can circumvent and/or ignore as your own personal ethics dictate.

However, good news for Brickowl: They've become enough of a name that TLG is starting to hunt down their sellers!  :rofl:

I dont think the store will ban me.

I just use another VIP card. that's easy.

what I worry about is my shipping address. my billing and shipping address are not the same. I prefer they ban my billing not shipping.

I dont think the store will ban me.

I just use another VIP card. that's easy.

what I worry about is my shipping address. my billing and shipping address are not the same. I prefer they ban my billing not shipping.

If your shipping address has been used on the VIP account they banned, they won't ship there on a different VIP account (or through any Lego.com purchase, VIP or not) - unless they're even more incompetent than I thought, and I don't think that's possible. Your preferences won't be taken into consideration, I'm afraid. You can try it, but if it fails, time to find a new shipping address if you still want to do mail order through TLG.

If your shipping address has been used on the VIP account they banned, they won't ship there on a different VIP account (or through any Lego.com purchase, VIP or not) - unless they're even more incompetent than I thought, and I don't think that's possible. Your preferences won't be taken into consideration, I'm afraid. You can try it, but if it fails, time to find a new shipping address if you still want to do mail order through TLG.

Thanks for your advise.

The address I had in my account had apt #. So I can change the apt # to see if it will works.

Is that legal? If you open a BrickOwl/Link account and never have sold from it, what legal reason do they have for banning someone?

To ban, they need some proof of practices that contravene their rules. Like buying 50 VW Campers etc...

I would threaten  them with legal action based on the discrimination laws.

I would threaten  them with legal action based on the discrimination laws.

Considering it's their prerogative who they sell to I think you'll be wasting your time going down the legal route. If you live in the States you have other options so it's not like it's that big of a deal

• Like 3

Sorry but this is wrong. I got a ban but I have been successful making an account with my wife's name, email, and credit card. The shipping address is the same of course. So they will ship to a banned buyers address.

• Like 1

Funny, Jeff and I were just talking about this situation the other day. There was a post in the Bricklink forums which mentioned people getting banned on Bricklink. One of the posts mentioned Brickpicker as one of LEGO's targets. I said if you think Brickpicker is an issue, how about thousands of Bricklink members buying new LEGO sets to part them out and resell for more money than the original set? LEGO can't think to highly of that.

I also said that Brickpicker directly sells hundreds of thousands of dollars of LEGO sets annually through their affiliates like LEGO S@H, Target, Amazon, etc... Bricklink doesn't sell any. As a matter of fact, does Bricklink even have a LEGO logo anywhere on their site? I don't think so. Maybe Bricklink is the next target of LEGO.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

I just got banned today. they said I had a store in Brickowl.

One of the questions would be: how do they find out in the first place? Are email addresses displayed on Brickowl - and can you search for them? Did you have the same user name on Brickowl and at Lego?

Funny, Jeff and I were just talking about this situation the other day. There was a post in the Bricklink forums which mentioned people getting banned on Bricklink. One of the posts mentioned Brickpicker as one of LEGO's targets. I said if you think Brickpicker is an issue, how about thousands of Bricklink members buying new LEGO sets to part them out and resell for more money than the original set? LEGO can't think to highly of that.

I also said that Brickpicker directly sells hundreds of thousands of dollars of LEGO sets annually through their affiliates like LEGO LEGO Shop at Home, Target, Amazon, etc... Bricklink doesn't sell any. As a matter of fact, does Bricklink even have a LEGO logo anywhere on their site? I don't think so. Maybe Bricklink is the next target of LEGO.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This seems very hypocritical to me. If BP has an affiliate deal with S&**** they obviously have been to the site and know what goes on here. Why sign sites like this up as affiliates if they don't like what we are doing?  I have changed my Ebay name to a different name than my S&**** name and my BP name. I guess I need to do the same for Bricklink now too.