Help pick my next build that will be reviewed & posted. Poll vote

jaisonline

What should jaisonline's next build be?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which set to build and post about it.

• 10123-1: Star Wars Cloud City
    • 10236-1: Star Wars Ewok Village
    • 6210-1: Star Wars Jabba's Sail Barge
    • 7785-1: Batman 1 Arkham Asylum
    • 7888-1: Batman 1 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise (stickers won't be applied)
    • 4841-1: Harry Potter Hogwarts Express
    • 6073-1: Knight's Castle (set from 1984)
    • 7623-1: Indiana Jones Temple Escape
    • 7199-1: Indiana Jones The Temple of Doom

i should mention that all these sets were purchased used and are complete (hopefully).  the lego boxes and manuals were all included for each. 

FYI..:

Stickers (if part of the set) were already applied except for set 7888.

I also have a 10188 Death Star to build but that will be at a later date.

my 10220 VW Camper Van is already built.  if there's demand, I can take it apart and build it again later this year.  10220 is probably my fav build along with the original 7783 Batcave (excluding the fragile Batblade) and 75059 Sandcrawler.

I like the idea of building big sets, just because it takes time, it's relaxing, and you really get to enjoy how it's engineered.  So I voted Arkham and Ewok Village.

lol.  i think you voted for 3 sets :)  7888 was also in your list with 10236 and 7785

I really like your "building reviews."  I think they should be of current sets though.  Most people cannot afford a Cloud City

Thanks Ed. 

My building focus has been mainly larger retired sets that I purchased pre-owned since I was in the dark ages up until 2012.  So like many, I missed out on many cooler sets that I'm able to buy used when a good deal comes along.  However, I also love building recent sets that are too cool to just leave MISB like the Sandcrawler, VW Van, and Sopwith Camel.   I'll also prob rebuild the new Sail Barge to see if my negative opinion of it changes.  Too bad I wasn't writing these reviews earlier as many, many sets were built for (and with) my son.

Regarding Cloud City, I thought some would like a recent review / 'fresh take' of it.  We can see whether it's getting dated (look, feel, and design-wise).  Personally, I can't wait to build it (it's been sitting on a shelving unit for over 6 months now)

Thanks Ed.

My building focus has been mainly larger retired sets that I purchased pre-owned since I was in the dark ages up until 2012. So like many, I missed out on many cooler sets that I'm able to buy used when a good deal comes along. However, I also love building recent sets that are too cool to just leave MISB like the Sandcrawler, VW Van, and Sopwith Camel. I'll also prob rebuild the new Sail Barge to see if my negative opinion of it changes. Too bad I wasn't writing these reviews earlier as many, many sets were built for (and with) my son.

Regarding Cloud City, I thought some would like a 'recent' review of it and see whether it's getting dated (look, feel, and design-wise). Personally, I can't wait to build it. It's been sitting on a shelving unit for too long.

between Uefma's videos and your posts, it is always nice to how sets are being appreciated outside a monitory context. Keep up the great work.
  • Like 2

Looks like you'll be building the Cloud City and Ewok Village from the current results, jaisonline. I hope you have enough room for both. Haha.

def looks like it. i will have to wait until after July 3 for the E V though since it's one of my son's b-day presents. plus i need time to make room for it.

not sure if people realize just how big 7888 is (Tumbler) and the coolness factor. makes both vehicles look tiny in set 76001.

These pics are from 2 years when it arrived. Just look at the Tumbler's size / scale to the minifigs and even Joker's truck.

post-3743-14007716452779_thumb.jpg

post-3743-14007716870394_thumb.jpg

post-3743-14007717161456_thumb.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I think it would be cool if you were to build the classic Kings Castle and the modern one. Then compare them. Same with the two Batcaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

They aren't even close, the new one is about half the size of the original.  I was very disappointed in the remake of this set.  They did a great job re-creating Arkham Asylum, however.

Castles, on the other hand, have stayed pretty consistent over the years.  The originals have that vintage factor that works in their favor but the newer castles from the Castle and Kingdoms lines were very good as well.  I haven't built the newest one to comment on it.

• Like 1