My "GRAND" Emporium MOC

eyebrow40

I just finished my version of the Grand Emporium. I had to use 3 1/2 GE's for this building. My inspiration was a

picture from the web:

GE old.jpg

Especially the windows in the middle are very nice. But i wanted a larger MOC with 2 original GEs on the left and the right. (corner buildings on the left and the right, a straight building in the middle) The GE on the right is 100% a GE, the one on the left is almost original. I only had to change the roof, because i wanted to have the large windows next to the straight MOC windows.

The straight MOC was build with parts from 2 GEs, especially the tan parts. I still have to build the interior of the straight MOC (maybe a restaurant?) Do you have ideas?

Here are the pictures of my MOC:

GE1.JPG

GE2.JPG

GE3.JPG

GE4.JPG

GE5.JPG

Looks cool! Good job ^^

I really like the middle section. What's inside the mid section?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker mobile app

I don't have build the inside of the mid section right now. I am thinking about a restaurant on the top floor and a music store on the ground floor. 

It's very nice looking, congratulations.

If I were you I would only have kept one advertising hoarding and replace it with something else (or nothing), it would still seem architecturally symmetrical but not like in a mirror.

Do you mean the advertising on the roof? 

That's something i am still thinking about. Maybe a different ad on the left building.

Wow! Awesome!

How many baseplates are in there? 

You could now start extending it to the back. 

I can only imagine if lego would take an example from you and make a train station that big. 

I only used the 3 regular baseplates for them. But for the straight GE in the middle i had to use parts from 2 GEs because of the size. It's very heavy!

Nice job! The midsection looks great, and blends in masterfully with the GE "theme".

Now what would something like this sell for on eBay? Upwards of $600?

All of them? Now 500 to 600 i guess. In a few months (when GE is retired) up to 800???

• Like 1