Packing/Shipping tip

I'm sure some of you do this already but when shipping whole sets with box, I wrap up the box in used plastic retail bags to maintain some sense of water proofing before putting in a box with packing peanuts or bubble wrap for shipping. Everything from the nice yellow bags from the LEGO store to the crappy, thin bags from the grocery store I save for this purpose.

I bring this up because today an eBay buyer let me know that the box I shipped him was left on his front porch by the mailman in what must have been a heavy rain. The box virtually fell apart but the LEGO set inside was still protected by the plastic bag it was wrapped in. He was grateful and so was I!

• Like 9

I'm sure some of you do this already but when shipping whole sets with box, I wrap up the box in used plastic retail bags to maintain some sense of water proofing before putting in a box with packing peanuts or bubble wrap for shipping. Everything from the nice yellow bags from the LEGO store to the crappy, thin bags from the grocery store I save for this purpose.

I bring this up because today an eBay buyer let me know that the box I shipped him was left on his front porch by the mailman in what must have been a heavy rain. The box virtually fell apart but the LEGO set inside was still protected by the plastic bag it was wrapped in. He was grateful and so was I!

I'll do the same, albeit only with the larger sets. I might start wrapping all of my sets with some sort of plastic bags after hearing your story. 

I'll do the same, albeit only with the larger sets. I might start wrapping all of my sets with some sort of plastic bags after hearing your story. 

Mind as well, no matter the size of the set because the amount of effort to protect a LEGO box in this manner is minimal. I normally ship comic books in much bigger volume on eBay and making sure they go out and are delivered water proof is a major concern. That practice naturally extended when I started selling LEGO sets. :thumbsup:

I actually take this one step further and wrap sealed sets in saran wrap.  I had one non-lego sale get soaked in the rain and I had to eat the cost on it, so that's what I do from now on.

That's a good idea too. I use old plastic bags because I have such a surplus of them from shopping that I feel guilty toshing them out without trying to reuse them somehow... :shifty: