Any good places for bargainhunting in New York City?

Bernard74

Hi folks,

I'm going on vacation to the US in a couple of weeks and was thinking about picking up some Lego to capitalize on the generally lower prices.

Probably my schedule allows for shopping the most while I'm in New York. From last time I was there I remember there was a Lego Store at Rockefeller Center and a TRU near Times Square. You guys know of any other good places?

I'll also spend some time in Memphis/New Orleans and North Carolina but my agenda there is already a little fuller.

Thanks for any tips!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Hi folks,

I'm going on vacation to the US in a couple of weeks and was thinking about picking up some Lego to capitalize on the generally lower prices.

Probably my schedule allows for shopping the most while I'm in New York. From last time I was there I remember there was a Lego Store at Rockefeller Center and a TRU near Times Square. You guys know of any other good places?

I'll also spend some time in Memphis/New Orleans and North Carolina but my agenda there is already a little fuller.

Thanks for any tips!

NYC is not too easy, but certainly will be better than where you live.

I have a few customers who contact me whenever they are planning on being in the states. If you are staying in one place for any length of time, you can buy off of eBay and have it shipped to wherever you are staying. You will just need to make sure that the seller will be shipping the items quickly, and that your shipping location is updated properly.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

FAO Schwarz!  Well not for the bargins but for the awesome toy store experience.

they have some great life size sculptures and is within walking distance of the lego store

Could the OP shop and get a Price Match to whatever deal is online at the Target in East Harlem or the TRU in Times Square or in Midtown? I believe actual in-store prices are higher than US RRP, but you can leverage price match to capture RRP or sale prices at Amazon.com or others that may have a sale while you are in NYC. I don't see exclusions in their price match policies to the NYC stores. Here they are for reference:

Toys R Us Price Match

Target Price Match

I live in Ny and yeah, prices are inflated in NYC. Do check out FAO toysrus ts, and Nintendo World is good too. Not gonna find good lego deals but it's fun to go for the day

Yeah, I realise that if you want to find real bargains you are probably better off at some mom&pap store in more of a backwater area. Not really an option for me as costs to get and stay there would kinda defeat the whole purpose.

Still, on some sets even RRP would mean a significant discount. I was in the States a couple of months ago also, and saved something like $80 by buying my Tower of Orthanc over there.