My TRU has a time machine! Or maybe 21103 with power functions?

So my TRU is insane. Just stuck out the new Ninjago sets for later this year, 70727 and 70728. 70727 is not that great but the 70728, battle for Ninjago city is just stellar.

Along with this the WHOLE Ultra Agents theme is out on the shelves in droves at retail.

So my thoughts are, as most of these aren't slated to come out until August, I should be buying everyone I find right? Turboflipping?

Speaking of that, the Ultra Agents sets look really impressive. Loving the mobile command center.

Part of Toys R Us' tradition is they put stuff out on the shelves for purchase before all the other regular retailers by at least a whole month so this isn't exactly surprising. Almost all of this year's releases have been pushed a little farther into the year thanks to The Lego Movie and the sets accompanying it therefore I don't know what should be the normal time for this summer. Last year's summer releases across different themes were varied from May all the way to August.

In any case, I would suggest taking a good browse on eBay and perhaps even Amazon to see who all is already trying to flip these new arrivals. Otherwise you'll get stuck with a bunch of stuff needing to be returned unless you feel like waiting out for the sets entire shelf life. Other people are reporting finding these as well on sites such as reddit and here so your window of opportunity may not be open for too much longer.

• Like 2

Part of Toys R Us' tradition is they put stuff out on the shelves for purchase before all the other regular retailers by at least a whole month so this isn't exactly surprising. Almost all of this year's releases have been pushed a little farther into the year thanks to The Lego Movie and the sets accompanying it therefore I don't know what should be the normal time for this summer. Last year's summer releases across different themes were varied from May all the way to August.

In any case, I would suggest taking a good browse on eBay and perhaps even Amazon to see who all is already trying to flip these new arrivals. Otherwise you'll get stuck with a bunch of stuff needing to be returned unless you feel like waiting out for the sets entire shelf life. Other people are reporting finding these as well on sites such as reddit and here so your window of opportunity may not be open for too much longer.

There is none at all on Ebay - so I am going into the unknown a bit. But I am probably going to try - just a lot of money to tie up, but maybe some quick bucks.

There is none at all on Ebay - so I am going into the unknown a bit. But I am probably going to try - just a lot of money to tie up, but maybe some quick bucks.

Ah, so you won't have any competition then. Good. You may not make big bucks but a few quick ones sounds just as fine. Go get 'em!

So my TRU is insane. Just stuck out the new Ninjago sets for later this year, 70727 and 70728. 70727 is not that great but the 70728, battle for Ninjago city is just stellar.

Along with this the WHOLE Ultra Agents theme is out on the shelves in droves at retail.

So my thoughts are, as most of these aren't slated to come out until August, I should be buying everyone I find right? Turboflipping?

Speaking of that, the Ultra Agents sets look really impressive. Loving the mobile command center.

The ninjago city does look awesome. I was going to try to quick flip a few, unfortunately My TRU damaged every box they had. The ultra agents look meh to me, but I really like the city arctic sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Your money would only be tied up for two months, and that's if they don't sell right away. Save your receipt and return whatever is left once they are officially released. I don't see how you can lose in ths scenario. Doesn't hurt to try.

Your money would only be tied up for two months, and that's if they don't sell right away. Save your receipt and return whatever is left once they are officially released. I don't see how you can lose in ths scenario. Doesn't hurt to try.

True. I just hate returning stuff. I am going to do it though. Definitely work it.

On that note too, I picked up every new Technic set they had. I was dissapointed with them all when I first saw them at the beginning of the year on Brickset. I have to say - they look pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Uber jelly you're getting this early jump on the flip, I really wish this was available around me too...

I wouldn't necessarily buy ALL of them, unless you have the money to spend and freeze in all these different sets. Mobile Command Center, Inferno Interception, and the Arctic helicopter and the one with the new minifig scale sled dogs are ones I would pick if I had to though.

Uber jelly you're getting this early jump on the flip, I really wish this was available around me too...

I wouldn't necessarily buy ALL of them, unless you have the money to spend and freeze in all these different sets. Mobile Command Center, Inferno Interception, and the Arctic helicopter and the one with the new minifig scale sled dogs are ones I would pick if I had to though.

I just built the coast guard helicopter with my son last week and it was so hard to walk out without getting the arctic helicopter to go with it. My TRU is strict with coupons and I just can't pull the trigger on full priced non-exclusive sets.

I just built the coast guard helicopter with my son last week and it was so hard to walk out without getting the arctic helicopter to go with it. My TRU is strict with coupons and I just can't pull the trigger on full priced non-exclusive sets.

Do they have issues with you reading the code to them? If so, bummer, but someone discovered a second $10 off $50 code for TRU the other day on one of the Daily Deals. Though I don't remember the prices on those sets...and if I recall correctly, there is one other 20% off one in the Daily Deals.

I just don't understand people. Is it really worth a premium to be able to own a set that will be readily available in a couple months? Maybe I'm just too cheap to understand.

Well I have no qualms admitting I am a self-proclaimed cheap ass and simply do not see any reason as to why I would willingly pay more than retail for anything that shall be available in mass quantities later on as well. With that said, I can understand some of the process going on their mind. It's similar to paying for a preorder and being one of the first people on the block to have something before others. It's a bit of showing off and that "First!" mentality.