No more free listings?

Cetona

Ebay UK seems to be going the other way:

Up to now, without a shop you can get 100 free auction style listings per month if they start below 99p, and there's never been free BIN listings.

From 13th May they are changing this to only 20 free listings per month, but they can be any start price and either auction or BIN.

FVF's are 10%, unless you have a shop when they are then 8%. Shop price starts at

eBay has a resolution process and if you use signature confirmation you can win cases as a seller...I have.

Chargebacks are a PayPal issue - if you are talking about claims of non-delivery, that is completely different than a chargeback. A chargeback is a buyer notifying PayPal (the payment processing company) that his card was used fraudulently.

Non-delivery claims are also mostly handled through PayPal* for Bricklink orders (i.e, provide delivery confirmation or signature confirmation). I believe BL also has a provision requiring you to ship to the BL registered address, so if that is different from what's on the PayPal payment, you may have to work it out with the buyer.

*Edited to add: When PayPal is used for payment on BL, of course - as on eBay it's the most commonly accepted payment, but BL does have a wider range of allowable payments than eBay (each seller determines their own), including the good old fashioned check and money order.

In what is touted as a new eBay feature, It seems that you can now automatically relist a BIN for free up to 3 times.  If this applies after the $.30 comes into effect then it minimizes the impact.

I could be wrong but I thought it said it will auto relist 3 times and the 3rd time was free or something to that order

According to my computer screen:

Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply. (?)

(?) Indicates the following: ---- There are no insertion or advanced listing upgrade fees for automatically relisting this item. This relisting won't count against monthly free-insertion-fee limits. Final value fees still apply. Selling Manager automation rules take precedence if used to relist and applicable selling fees for each relist will apply.

According to my computer screen:

Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply. (?)

(?) Indicates the following: ---- There are no insertion or advanced listing upgrade fees for automatically relisting this item. This relisting won't count against monthly free-insertion-fee limits. Final value fees still apply. Selling Manager automation rules take precedence if used to relist and applicable selling fees for each relist will apply.

Very interesting. It was only as of recently that I got that pop up on my ipad as I was relisting. I didn't read carefully enough. What you posted looks to be what I was misreading previously to my interpretation.

Might want to note that auto-relisting only applies to items with single quantity. Option to relist for free doesn't pop up for listings with multiple quantities. Wonder if they would charge for the auto-relists that occur after 15 May...

Good observation, I was wondering why I'd see it some times and others it didn't show. Hmmm that didn't make sense on why they would limit that.

Honestly for most of you all, just get a store. 16$ is insanely reasonable for all the stuff you get - the important below:

100 free listings

search engine keywords

store front

reports

markdown manager (huge one)

seller dashboard (some really nice stats, etc.)

Just buy it. And you do get an extra 1% discount on listings and way more offers in my experience. I get an offer for free listings literally every week.

16$! Go for it.

Honestly for most of you all, just get a store. 16$ is insanely reasonable for all the stuff you get - the important below:

100 free listings

search engine keywords

store front

reports

markdown manager (huge one)

seller dashboard (some really nice stats, etc.)

Just buy it. And you do get an extra 1% discount on listings and way more offers in my experience. I get an offer for free listings literally every week.

16$! Go for it.

I list 3-5 items a month(multiple times) out of which I sell 1 listing a month on average(or even not that, but 0,8 on average)..... 

Tell me how the new Ebay policy is better and how I profit from a store that its worth 16$ ???

Cos I just dont see the benefit for me :)

This is really gonna hit the coins and paper money sellers hard. I mean have you seen how many way overpriced BIN listings there are.  I normally look through these when I get tired of looking at lego and the silver coins/bars section is flooded, like 90% BIN and all so overpriced compared to market value.  I am all for less way overpriced bullion flooding the listings. 

It looks like eBay has started its update. It appears that you can presently use gallery plus, bold and subtitles for free (instead of $.50)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

Watch out doing this. If your listings are set to auto renew you will get billed the next time when the promo isn't on.

So I may be overstepping a bit here, but haven't we all gotten a little spoiled on the free fixed price listings? They are listed under the promotion section after all. The insertion fee is the standard method of doing business on ebay. They simply decided to stop doing the promotion. We're not entitled to ANY free listings.

I do agree that it sucks because I'm just getting started out selling things on ebay and fixed price auctions are easier for selling small items for building feedback. I've probably sold 5 items total. I'm just saying, they have every right to expect us to pay insertion fees.

• 3 weeks later...

I list 3-5 items a month(multiple times) out of which I sell 1 listing a month on average(or even not that, but 0,8 on average).....

Tell me how the new Ebay policy is better and how I profit from a store that its worth 16$ ???

Cos I just dont see the benefit for me :)

Well, he did say "most of you" not All.

In your case, it obviously wouldn't make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker