Ship to ebay or paypal adress ?

Sorry I tried to search "ebay" and "paypaI" in search box but no results.

I sold a set on ebay (internationally) two days ago, and I saw that ebay and paypal buyer's adress are different.

He doesn't reply to my messages on any of the email adress (I already had problems with people of the same country, it took me 1 week to have an answer so now I'm anticipating).

Where am I supposed to ship the item to have paypal insurance ? Ebay or Paypal ?

I fear that if I ship to his ebay adress, and it's not the good one, the package may be lost and I could do nothing.

On the other hand, if the paypal adress isn't his actual adress, he may agrue that I did not shipped to his ebay adress...

I will wait for some more days but I would appreciate any advice (man ! this kind of lazy guys are making me crazy).

I do not know what to advice you. Just send him a message through ebay and ask the correct address. Clearly state in the email that there is a confusion cause of two different addresses on ebay and on paypal. At least if you send the email through ebay you have proof that you made the enquiry. All these problems make this game very stressful.

Thanks for your opinions. Still have no clue.

I will wait some more time (still no answer). I contacted him through ebay and his paypal adress.

What would be sad is that if he can only have access to the internet on week end and needed the set to make a birthday gift, or if his mailbox consider ebay messages as spam and don't go on his paypal mailbox to check messages, so he would not see my messages, and he could give me a grey or red ebay notation because I was too slow to ship.

He is an ebay member since 9 years but had only made 4 deals. Not sure if the adress is still good (if he were a new member I would have consider his ebay adress as correct, but 9 years is far too long and can't be trusted).

Ok so I checked on google and as a seller you always have to send items to paypal adress.

Too bad if buyer's adress has not been updated and ebay adress is ok, but if there's a problem paypal will only check for the adress they have in their files, they will not care about ebay's adress.

The buyer hasn't bought anything since the last 5 years, so I think ebay's adress is wrong now.

Here is the message I just sent to the buyer (through ebay):

Hello, I don't want to be too slow to ship the box, in case of it will be a birthday gift for a kid, and I don't know if you will reply some day (ebay messages sometimes go in the spam box) so I will ship it wednesday (5 days after your initial purchase) at your paypal adress, because I see that you have not bought anything on ebay since 2009 so I guess the ebay adress is wrong now.
If your ebay adress is good and you paypal adress is wrong, please contact me quickly.
Bye

I believe you have to ship to the PayPayl address to be covered by insurance, in the event that something goes wrong. You`re out of luck if you don`t. That`s just what I understand, but I don`t really sell on ebay at the moment. I just hoard sets and watch the market  xD

Guest TabbyBoy

If addresses differ, I always contact buyer before shipping.  What annoys me are addresses all in lower case and no spaces between numbers and road names.  Buyers are so damn lazy!

Paypal address if below 250.

If this is an item that is over 250 and requires signature and you afraid there may be no one at the paypal address to sign maybe contact paypal and see what they advise. Would hate to see you send an item over 250 to a paypal address and there is no there to sign for it.

I'm always wary if a buyer wants it shipped to another address other than the PayPal verified address. If they file a claim such as INR you'll get shafted if it's sent to any other address

This is not accurate. Provided the eBay and PayPal messages say "Okay to ship" it doesn't matter what address the buyer would like you to send it to, you're covered by seller protection in both cases.

It's been that way for quite some time, at least the past couple of years if not longer.

Edited to add link: http://pages.ebay.com/cl/en-us/help/pay/questions/unconfirmed.html

I had this happen to me, unknowingly. I always ship to the address on the Paypal Receipt bc it is req'd for Paypal Seller Protection...so when the buyer opened a case for item not rec'd, I automatically won the case. I did not know the 2 addresses were different until after the case was opened. EBay said it is the buyers responsibility to verify they've input the correct address in both eBay and Paypal. I refer to Paypal User Agreement Section 11.3 for proper procedures.

Was not aware it had changed. Am I right in thinking that with Paypal, if the address has been verified, it's been matched with the credit card address that the bank holds, and that the address is correct, should you get a scammer with a stolen card etc it is impossible?

I had this happen to me, unknowingly. I always ship to the address on the Paypal Receipt bc it is req'd for Paypal Seller Protection...so when the buyer opened a case for item not rec'd, I automatically won the case. I did not know the 2 addresses were different until after the case was opened. EBay said it is the buyers responsibility to verify they've input the correct address in both eBay and Paypal. I refer to Paypal User Agreement Section 11 for proper procedures.

Correct - Section 11 specifies that you must ship to the address on the transaction details page, and that is not necessarily the user's verified address.

Was not aware it had changed. Am I right in thinking that with Paypal, if the address has been verified, it's been matched with the credit card address that the bank holds, and that the address is correct, should you get a scammer with a stolen card etc it is impossible?

It is helpful for ID matching if you want to delve in that far. I haven't found it necessary but if I were regularly selling very high priced items I might start to get a little hinky about the possibility of cc chargebacks. PayPal will go to bat for you on these as they can, but they're not always able to get the cc companies to cough the dough back up once they've taken it.

Edited: And I'm not sure about "impossible". I'd go with "less likely" but scammers do seem to find a way.

Buyer told me (4 days after my last try to contact him ) that the paypal adress is the good one. That's the adress I send the box to, fortunately.

I'm so tired of those 0 feedback buyers. (I have another problem with another 0 stars buyer (still no payment received)).

I am a friendly person and glad to help newbies but I don't have time to waste with drunk guys who use ebay as a video game, buying everything and paying nothing so they have "fun" on their saturday night.

I've just decided to ask for a phone identification for 0 profile buyers. It's a nice ebay option, at least it seems so.