Is Target Online as bad for you as it is me?

kutaone

I have made 6 on-line orders since the end of October and every single one has been screwed up. 4 of them got cancelled this week, the week before Christmas, after holding them for about 6 weeks. Then they sent me a LEGO police station that was so beat up they might as well not have sent it in a box. Finally and what pissed me off the most...I bought two LEGO town halls....they sent me ONE Mario cart wii kit..with the receipt for the town halls....think they are gonna give me crap when I show up at the store in the AM with a product I do not have a receipt for asking for a refund for two products i do not have?!?!!? I hope everyone else has had a better experience with target on-line b/c I will NEVER use them again...

Wow - I am surprised by that. I have mentioned the terrible job that most of the big retailers do at packing (even suggested that they might be unloading damaged merchandise for the online sales). I would say that Target has been the only one that has never given me any issues. Some have suggested that it depends on the which regional shipping center you might have (a bad local warehouse).

Since I bad mouthed them, I must also compliment them now for how they handled it. They gave me a full refund and told me to reorder the items on-line again. (They don't carry the items in the store.) I am happy they took care of it, but I am sure I used my get out of jail free card and they trusted me this time. I am thankful for that but I am not sure they will next time. I will still not be shopping with Target on-line.

Target online seems a little inconsistent. Months ago I ordered 2 cargo trains (7939) and some other Trains (7938) and related items at a BOGO 50% off sale. They canceled the 7939 sets but shipped the other sets. They have a standard - there can be many reasons for a cancellation . . . Three days later I reordered the 7939s and it was canceled again (about 2 days after ordering). A few days later I reordered the 7939s and it was canceled again. I sent an email asking why the order was canceled and never received a reply. BTW, I get many shipments from all retailers that have no packing inside them, the box(es) are just loose inside the shipping box. I think the retailer or shipper is playing the odds. They know that most of the time the items will arrive in good enough shape they won't be returned and minimal packing allows them to reduce labor costs on shipping. I recently received a box from Kmart that looked crazy, it had multiple holes/rips, crushed corners, dirt, grease and water damage all on one box! I opened it up the the two sets inside were fine, I couldn't see a thing wrong with them! Sometimes the shipping gods are with you and sometimes you get the shipping coyote or Loki god! lol

Since I bad mouthed them, I must also compliment them now for how they handled it. They gave me a full refund and told me to reorder the items on-line again. (They don't carry the items in the store.)

I am happy they took care of it, but I am sure I used my get out of jail free card and they trusted me this time. I am thankful for that but I am not sure they will next time. I will still not be shopping with Target on-line.

I dont think they would even know of be first incident if you had something similar happen and had to do the same thing again. Its not like they have an online account that keeps track of your history......or do they???

• 10 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

While the US is slagging off Target, I'll slag off Argos.  When your order online from Argos, they pick the worst boxes out of a dirty/dusty warehouse, trample over them, cover them in big stickers and put them in the thinnest/cheapest mailing bags with no protection whatsoever.  It gave me great pleasure to take 30 out of 30 boxes back to my local store for refund.  I'll never buy from them again regardless of price.