Walmart Hobbit LOTR bundles

Talon

Walmart has some bundles with the Hobbit Riddle for the Ring set (79000) for $9.97

You can add any of the following item to make a bundle

1. LEGO Hobbit An Unexpected Gathering Play Set adds $60

2. LEGO Lord of the Rings Attack on Weathertop Play Set adds $32

3. LEGO Hobbit Attack of the Wargs Play Set adds $28

4. LEGO Hobbit Escape from Mirkwood Spiders Play Set adds $12

5. LEGO Hobbit The Goblin King Battle Play Set $65

Number 1 isn't such a great deal but the others are pretty good deals and I expect the $10 79000 set to be sold out and double in price relatively soon like most small sets. It is already gone from my local TRU store.

Make sure you click on the Walmart button on the Brickpicker home page if you are going to buy some so they can get some affiliate money. Let's keep them in business!

Seems to work for me, but I didn't complete any order, just hit the checkout button. Looks like this deal basically gives you a free Riddles for the Ring set in addition to the already discounted prices on the Hobbit/LOTR sets. Not too shabby considering most of these sets have only been available for less than a month.

It's a misleading ad. You don't really get the Riddles for the Ring set. The page is set up to make you think you'll be getting both sets for the price but you're just buying one. This was discussed on Toys ****** Bricks.

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7650

Yep, went back and looked at everything, it is definitely misleading, and no, you don't get the Riddles set. "Bundle" is severely misleading in this. Still not a terrible deal, but not as good as they are labeling it. I may or may not complain/cancel my order, still contemplating this.

It's a misleading ad. You don't really get the Riddles for the Ring set. The page is set up to make you think you'll be getting both sets for the price but you're just buying one. This was discussed on Toys ****** Bricks.

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7650

Yeah it's very misleading, but even without the Riddles for the Ring its still a decent discount.

Sorry about the confusion, I thought it did include the $10 set but then I didn't order it as I already have these sets at an equivalent price. I'm used to Walmart bundles but I've never seen this before, I would definitely call it deceptive for Walmart to use the word "Bundle" multiple times on the page when the reality is there is only one set. I've read that Amazon price matches so I would use Amazon to purchase these if you can get the same price.

Yeah I'm a little pissed, but still a decent discount. What is misleading is how it says "adds $20 to bundle" for example. Doesn't "adds" mean you already have at least 1 item in the bundle, and by adding another set you then have 2 items in the bundle, not just 1. Very confusing on Walmarts part!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Walmart.com has created an optional 2-pack Hobbit bundle, and you can save a bit of money if you select the right sets.

The bad news: They force you to buy a Riddles of the Ring as one set, for $9.24

The good news: Some of the accompanying sets you can buy are marked down pretty decently, such as Gandalf Arrives for just 3.73, Uruk-Hai Army for 20.73, or Goblin King Battle for 69.73.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Hobbit-and-Lord-of-the-Rings-Play-Set-Collection-Your-Pick-from-9.24/22562296

If you want more Riddles of The Ring, this is a decent deal because some of the other sets, such as Uruk-Hai Army, are rarely discounted on Amazon so with that combo its basically buy an Army and get a Riddles for free.

Unfortunately Helms Deep aint on there, and Unexpected Gathering doesn't save you any money vs. Amazon.

Sorry, you gotta read the fine print, it doesn't include riddles for the ring, that is just a photo. the bundle is for just the Lego set that you choose. I know because they ran this same promotion 3 months ago but with much lower prices, I bought several sets, I knew riddles for the ring wasn't included and it definitely wasn't in my order. Prices are lame, no markdown, you can actually get the sets cheaper from their own site or amazon.

Ok, I see what you mean. Not sure why they are calling it bundle when it is for 1 set only....that's what I got caught up on. You are right...Prices are horrid. Why would you do a bundle for 1 set in which you start with only a monetary amount, and then add more money to it that ends up costing you more than if you bought the same item from their website as an individual set? So you end up paying 70 bucks for an Unexpected Gathering that you could have bought for 56.00 as an "individual" set? Bleh. Mods, please close and delete.